Poco X3 NFC was released recently and now we have a working port of GCam for Poco X3 and X3 NFC available to download. The compatible Google Camera or GCam port(s) for Poco X3 are brought to you by BSG, Nikita, Urnyx05 and Arnova8G2.
Now, talking about the phone, it has a 6.67 inch FHD+ phone with a 6000 mAh battery. Comes with Snapdragon 732G chipset, Adreno 618 GPU and a 120Hz display, perfect fit for gaming in budget.
It has a 64MP primary cam and a quad camera setup for versatile photography experience. With the GCam port that we provide for the Poco X3, you get DSLR like image quality.
There could not be any perfect budget gaming buy than this. If you want to buy one, look at the details in the below link.
Available GCam versions for Poco X3 or X3 NFC
GCam 8.0 for Poco X3 or X3 NFC is the latest version among other compatible ports. Below are the available version(s) of GCam for Poco X3 NFC
- GCam 8.1 (Latest Version)
- GCam 7.4 (RECOMMENDED)
- GCam 7.3
- GCam 7.2
The GCam 8.0 for Poco X3 / NFC is now available which has multi mode stabilization, seamless zoom feature and seamless slow motion, audio zoom etc. But in the initial versions, all of the features might not be available or might not be working at all.
The GCam 7.4 has brought better Night Sight, Astrophotography mode on Poco X3 / NFC along with other features like HDR+, portrait mode etc. The available GCam ports are compatible on Android 10, and Android 11 (may be).
FAQs about the GCam on Poco X3
As Google Camera is not natively available for any Android phone than Google Pixels, people do not know if their phone does support this app or not. These are the few FAQs asked by people about the GCam compatibility on Poco X3.
Does Poco X3 support Google Camera?
Yes. We have many working ports of Google Camera from various developers that works on the Poco X3.
Is Poco X3 GCam better than Stock Camera App?
Well, GCam has always produced better images in comparison to the stock camera app. If you install and configure the app in the correct way, then YES, the GCam on Poco X3 can better than the stock cam.
How to Install GCam in Poco X3?
Download one of the GCam port from the below download link. Follow the instructions in the installation guide to install and configure Poco X3 GCam.
Now when you know the basics about the GCam app for Poco X3, let’s look at the working status and download options.
Status of this Poco X3 NFC Google Camera
– HDR+ Enhanced
– Portrait mode
– Night Sight
– Astrophotography mode
– Almost everything
– Issues reported by users in the comment section
How to Install Google Camera on Poco X3 NFC?
- Download the GCam APK file from the above download link(s).
- To install apps from a third party app other than Play Store you need to enable app install from Unknown Sources on your Android device.
For Android 10 version, enable Install Unknown Apps from the app from which you are going to install the Google Camera APK.
For example: if you have downloaded the Google Camera apk file on Google chrome or firefox browser on your phone.
Or you have downloaded and copied the apk file to the file browser and you want to install it from there.
Go to Settings > Apps & notifications > Open the app (Chrome, Firefox or file manager app etc) > Install unknown apps and enable Allow from this source
See the below screenshots that enables to install unknown apps on Pie for Chrome app (you need to enable on the app from where you want to install the apk):
- Once enabled, click on the downloaded app to install.
- Once installed you can clear the app data and open the app and enjoy the feature-packed Google Camera APK on Poco X3 NFC.
How to Install xml config file on Poco X3 Google Camera 7 and 8?
- Download one of the xml config file (arnova7.4.104_pocoX3_v.2.xml for Arnova8G2 7.4 or NGcam-1.7-Poco-X3-v6-asus-library.xml for NGCam 7.4 or PocoX3NFCConfigfromQChannel.xml for NGCam 8.1) from the above download link(s)
- Once the GCam is installed, create the following directories on your phone’s internal memory and copy the downloaded xml config file there:
- First create a directory in the name of Gcam (G capital letter) under the ROOT directory.
- Then create a directory named Configs7 for GCam 7.x or Configs8 for GCam 8.x (C in capital letter) under GCam directory.
- Copy the xml config file in the relevant directory with respect to the GCam version you have installed.
- Now you can open the GCam app and double tap near the blank space beside the shutter button.
See the below image to get an idea where to tap:
- When prompted, select the config file and tap on RESTORE to load. (do this twice as for the first time the config did not loaded)
- Once the xml config file is loaded, you are done with the installation.
New features keep on coming on the Google Camera app and hence there could be many versions of these ported apps for Poco X3 NFC. This page will always have all available working Google Camera for Poco X3 NFC.