Galaxy M51 was released recently and now we have a working port of GCam for Galaxy M51 available to download. The compatible Google Camera port(s) are brought to you by Urnyx05.
Available GCam versions
Below are the available version(s) of GCam for Galaxy M51
- GCam 8.2 (Latest Version)
- GCam 7.4
- GCam 7.3
- GCam 7.2
What Extra Do You Get on Google Camera?
People know the GCam app from couple of years since when it had the HDR+. And then the camera app has evolved significantly.
Below are some of the extra features that you can expect to enhance your existing camera setup on the Galaxy M51:
- Astrophotography mode used to capture the sky and celestial bodies in the dark. Not for everyone, but worth mentioning in thia features list.
- HDR+ brings much images in a condition where you have much broghter or darker regions in the scene.
- DSLR like bokeh effect with GCam’s portrait mode.
- With Night Sight mode you get better exposed low light images from the camera.
- Multi-mode video stabilization
- RAW image capture so that it can be edited in the post
- Built-in Google Lens
Status of this Galaxy M51 Google Camera
– HDR+ Enhanced
– Portrait mode
– Night Sight
– Astrophotography mode
– Almost everything
– Nothing reported yet
How to Install Google Camera on Galaxy M51?
- Download any GCam APK file from the above download link(s).
- To install apps from a third party app other than Play Store you need to enable app install from Unknown Sources on your Android device.For Android 10 version, enable Install Unknown Apps from the app from which you are going to install the Google Camera APK.For example: if you have downloaded the Google Camera apk file on Google chrome or firefox browser on your phone.
Or you have downloaded and copied the apk file to the file browser and you want to install it from there.
Go to Settings > Apps & notifications > Open the app (Chrome, Firefox or file manager app etc) > Install unknown apps and enable Allow from this source
See the below screenshots that enables to install unknown apps on Pie for Chrome app (you need to enable on the app from where you want to install the apk):
- Once enabled, click on the downloaded app to install.
- Once installed you can clear the app data and open the app and enjoy the feature-packed Google Camera APK on Galaxy M51.
How to enable Astro Photography mode on Galaxy M51 Google Camera?
By default the astrophotography mode is not enabled on this GCam. In case you want to change the setting, follow the below instructions to enable or disable the astrophotography mode.
- Go to GCam Settings
- Scroll down and go to Advanced settings
- Then scroll down almost to the end and enable Astrophotography Mode under Astrophotography settings.
Below are the screenshots that show how to enable the astrophotography mode.
How to shoot in astrophotography mode?
Google Camera version 7.0 and up comes with Astrophotography mode by default, but there are conditions that must be met to enable astrophotography mode. Usually, the following conditions must be met to capture in Astrophotography mode if manually not force enabled:
- It can be enabled on Night Sight mode (only)
- The phone must be kept static (use a tripod or keep the phone somewhere to keep it static)
- There must be low light condition
- It may take few seconds for this mode to come up when the above conditions are met
New features keep on coming on the Google Camera app and hence there could be many versions of these ported apps for Galaxy M51. This page will always have all available working Google Camera for Galaxy M51.