A working mod of Google Camera 7.0 or GCam for Le Max 2 running on Android 10 is now available to download which is ported by parrot043. This build of GCam 7.0 for Le Max 2 should have all the basic features working.
Astrophotography feature was introduced in Google Camera 7.0, hence you get the same on this GCam for Le Max 2, in addition, you get other features such as HDR+, ZSL, Super Res Zoom, Night Sight, Time lapse etc.
Android compatibility of Le Max 2 GCam 7.0
Google Camera 7.0 is compatible with Android Pie and Android 10. Hence the same goes for this GCam 7.0 for Le Max 2.
Most likely Camera2 API is already enabled on Le Max 2. Visit the following link in case you want to verify the same:
– Verify and enable Camera2 API
Where to Download GCam 7.0 for Le Max 2?
Following is the download link to the Gcam APK for Le Max 2 running on Android 10:
Google Camera 7.0 for Le Max 2
NOTE: Comment below if this GCam has some issues or not working at all.
How to Install Google Camera on Le Max 2?
- Download the GCam 7.0 from the above download link.
- To install apps from a third party app other than Play Store you need to enable app install from Unknown Sources on your Android device.
For Android Pie version, enable Install Unknown Apps from the app from which you are going to install the Google Camera APK.
For example: if you have downloaded the Google Camera apk file on Google chrome or firefox browser on your phone.
Or you have downloaded and copied the apk file to the file browser and you want to install it from there.
Go to Settings > Apps & notifications > Open the app (Chrome, Firefox or file manager app etc) > Install unknown apps and enable Allow from this source
- Once enabled, click on the downloaded app to install.
- Once installed you can clear the app data and open the app and enjoy the feature packed Google Camera APK on Le Max 2.
How to enable Astro Photography mode on Le Max 2 Google Camera 7.0
By default the astro photography mode is enabled on this GCam 7.0 for Le Max 2. In case you still want to change the setting, follow the below instructions to enable or disable the astrophotography mode.
- Go to GCam Settings
- Scroll down and go to Advanced settings
- Then scroll down almost to the end till you get Use astrophotography Mode under Night Sight settings.
Below are the screenshots that shows how to enable the astrophotography mode.
How to shoot in astrophotography mode on GCam 7.0?
Once the Astrophotography mode is enabled, there are certain conditions to be met to capture photos in that mode.
Following conditions must be met to capture in Astrophotography mode (known as cuttlefish in Google Camera ports like this):
– It can be enabled on Night Sight mode (only)
– The phone must be kept static (use a tripod or keep the phone somewhere to keep it static)
– There must be low light condition
– It may take few seconds for this mode to come up when the above conditions are met
See the below screenshots to get an idea how to know if it is shooting in Astrophotography mode in GCam 7.0?
When I kept the phone static in front of a good light source, the Astrophotography mode did not turn on no matter how longer I waited.
So, make sure it is a low light environment.
Try other GCam APK on Le Max 2
Google Camera was never available for phones other than Google Pixel series. With that fact, this is just a port of the actual Google Camera app. You can try other GCam from various developers or from the huge device specific list.
That’s all for the Le Max 2’s Google camera 7.0 with astrophotography mode enabled. Stay tuned to this article for more updates on getting a stable or other latest updates of GCam for Le Max 2.
New features are keep on coming on the Google Camera app and hence there could be many versions of these ported apps for Le Max 2. Below forum will have all available working Google Camera for Le Max 2.