Table of Contents
This post was last updated on March 21st, 2020 at 03:30 pm
GCam or Google Camera for Zenfone 6 running on Android Pie is now available to download with Night Sight support. This is the 6.2.030 version of Google Camera for Zenfone 6, which is brought to you by dpstar7582, Parrot043 and Arnova8G2.
Available GCam versions
Below are the available versions of GCam for Zenfone 6.
- GCam 7.3
- GCam 7.0
- GCam 6.2
The Google camera 6.2 provides night sight and the GCam 7.x provides Astrophotography mode along with other features. The GCam 6.2 is ideally built for Android 9 and the GCam 7.x for Android 10. But due to porting, it is possible that the GCam 7.x versions may work on Android Pie and vice versa.
Status of this Zenfone 6 Google Camera
– Almost everything
Where to Download GCam for Zenfone 6?
How to Install Google Camera on Zenfone 6?
- Download any GCam apk file from the above download link
- To install apps from a third party app other than Play Store you need to enable app install from Unknown Sources on your Android device.For Android Pie version, enable Install Unknown Apps from the app from which you are going to install the Google Camera APK.
For example: if you have downloaded the Google Camera apk file on Google chrome or firefox browser on your phone.
Or you have downloaded and copied the apk file to the file browser and you want to install it from there.
Go to Settings > Apps & notifications > Open the app (Chrome, Firefox or file manager app etc) > Install unknown apps and enable Allow from this source
- Once enabled, click on the app to install.
- Go to App settings and Clear data.
- Start the Google camera app and enjoy ultimate mobile photography on Zenfone 6.
How to capture photos in astrophotography mode?
Google Camera 7.0 and later comes with Astrophotography mode by default, but there might be few settings that needs to be enabled to force enable. But to capture photos in astro photography mode, certain conditions to be met after which the mode is enabled automatically.
Following conditions must be met to capture in Astrophotography mode –
- It can be enabled on Night Sight mode (only)
- The phone must be kept static (use a tripod or keep the phone somewhere to keep it static)
- There must be low light condition
- It may take few seconds for this mode to come up when the above conditions are met
New features keep coming on the Google Camera app and hence there could be many versions of these ported apps for Zenfone 6. This page will always have all available working Google Camera for Zenfone 6 and will be updated when new compatible GCams released by developers.