A working mod of the Pixel camera or well known as Google Camera for Galaxy S8 / Exynos is now available to download which is brought to you by IDan and Arnova8G2.
About this Google Camera for Galaxy S8 / Exynos:
IDan’s GCam Exynos builds come not so frequently, hence I don’t have an idea of the changes made on these.
As far as I have researched on the internet, I got to know that most of the Google Camera APK work on Samsung Exynos devices.
Enable Camera2 API to install Google Camera on Galaxy S8 / Exynos
Google Camera2 API is what enables advanced camera features such as: RAW image capture, High frame rate video recording, slow motion, etc.
To be able to install and run Google Camera successfully, the Camera2 API must be enabled.
Follow the below guide to enable Camera2 API on Galaxy S8 / Exynos:
- Install TWRP recovery
- Either flash a camera2 API enabled patched boot image or flash the Camera2 API enabler zip file using custom recovery.
– TWRP for Galaxy S8
– Install TWRP using Odin
How to Install Google Camera APK on Galaxy S8 / Exynos?
- Download the GCam apk for Galaxy S8 / Exynos from the above download link
- To install apps from a third party app other than Play Store you need to enable app install from Unknown Sources on your Android device.For Android Oreo or Pie version, enable Install Unknown Apps from the app from which you are going to install the Google Camera APK.
For example: if you have downloaded the Google Camera apk file on Google chrome or firefox browser on your phone.
Or you have downloaded and copied the apk file to the file browser and you want to install it from there.
Go to Settings > Apps & notifications > Open the app (Chrome, Firefox or file manager app etc) > Install unknown apps and enable Allow from this source
See the below screenshots that enables to install unknown apps on Oreo for Chrome app (you need to enable on the app from where you want to install the apk):
- Once enabled, click on the app to install.
- Go to App settings and Clear data.
How to enable Night and Dark mode on IDan’s GCam 4.7 for Galaxy S8 / Exynos?
To enable Night mode and Super Night (Dark) mode on this GCam, follow the below instructions:
- Go to Settings > Disable Reduce contrast if it is enabled.
- Scroll down little more and go to Portrait, Lens Blur and other settings > Lens Blur mode megapixels > Set as 12.6 MP
- Then go to Fast config. toogles > enable the Enable Night settings toggle by Egoist, enable the Enable Super Night (Dark) settings toggle by Egoist and enable the Enable Default config. toggle
Settings to set on Arnova8G2’s build of Google Camera 6.1.021
As reported by user marktsadkin with the following settings, Night Sight works on Arnova8G2’s Google Camera build on Galaxy S8 / Exynos.
Set following Mod settings:
- HDR+ parameters – 15
- Autoexposure – 1.5sec
- Correction – 1/6sec
- Advanced > Base > Pixel2018 need YUV
- Back and front – Pixel 3XL
- Advanced > FIX > RAW format – Sensor
- Viewfinder format – YUV
Following are the settings for Photo:
- Advanced settings > final JPG – 100%
- Enhanced HDR+ – yes
- Remove zoom – yes
- save to DCIM – yes
- alternative config – yes
- OIS – yes
Try other GCam APK on Galaxy S8 / Exynos
Google Camera was never available for phones other than Google Pixel series. With that fact, this is just a port of the actual Google Camera app. You can try other GCam from various developers or from the huge device specific list.
– Google Camera APK Download (this page contains a huge list of GCam for all available devices)
That’s all. Stay tuned to this article for more updates on getting a stable or other latest updates of GCam for Galaxy S8 / Exynos.
New features are keep on coming on the Google Camera app and hence there could be many versions of these ported apps for Galaxy S8 / Exynos. Below forum will have all GCam apk updates for the Galaxy S8 / Exynos.