Table of Contents
- 1 About this Google Camera for Galaxy S7 Exynos:
- 2 Enable Camera2 API to install Google Camera on Galaxy S7 Exynos
- 3 Where to Download Google Camera for Galaxy S7 Exynos?
- 4 How to Install Google Camera APK on Galaxy S7 Exynos?
- 5 Recommended settings for IDan’s 4.7 Google Camera APK on Galaxy S7 Exynos
- 6 Settings to set on Arnova8G2’s build of Google Camera 6.1.021
- 7 Some images from Galaxy S7 Exynos Google Camera 5.1.018
- 8 Try other GCam for Galaxy S7 Exynos
This post was last updated on January 22nd, 2020 at 04:55 pm
GCam or Google Camera for Galaxy S7 Exynos running on Android 10 or Android Pie, is now available to download. This is the 6.2.030 version of Google Camera for Galaxy S7 Exynos, which is brought to you by marlin-ku.
Time lapse was introduced in Google Camera 6.2.030, so, the same will be available on this GCam for Galaxy S7 Exynos including, Night sight, HDR+, ZSL, Super Res Zoom, Slow motion, etc.
About this Google Camera for Galaxy S7 Exynos:
IDan’s GCam Exynos builds come not so frequently, hence I don’t have an idea of the changes made on these.
As far as I have researched on the internet, I got to know that most of the Google Camera APK work on Samsung Exynos devices.
Status of this Galaxy S7 Exynos Google Camera APK:
Enable Camera2 API to install Google Camera on Galaxy S7 Exynos
Google Camera2 API is what enables advanced camera features such as: RAW image capture, High frame rate video recording, slow motion, etc.
To be able to install and run Google Camera successfully, the Camera2 API must be enabled.
Follow the below guide to enable Camera2 API on Galaxy S7 Exynos:
- Install TWRP recovery.
- Either flash a camera2 API enabled patched boot image or flash the Camera2 API enabler zip file using custom recovery.
– TWRP for Galaxy S7 Exynos
– Install TWRP using Odin
Where to Download Google Camera for Galaxy S7 Exynos?
Google Camera 6.1.021 for Galaxy S7 Exynos (with Night Sight mode)
How to Install Google Camera APK on Galaxy S7 Exynos?
- Download the GCam apk for Galaxy S7 Exynos from the above download link
- To install apps from a third party app other than Play Store you need to enable app install from Unknown Sources on your Android device.
For Android Oreo or Pie version, enable Install Unknown Apps from the app from which you are going to install the Google Camera APK.
For example: if you have downloaded the Google Camera apk file on Google chrome or firefox browser on your phone.
Or you have downloaded and copied the apk file to the file browser and you want to install it from there.
Go to Settings > Apps & notifications > Open the app (Chrome, Firefox or file manager app etc) > Install unknown apps and enable Allow from this source
- Once enabled, click on the app to install.
- Go to App settings and Clear data.
Recommended settings for IDan’s 4.7 Google Camera APK on Galaxy S7 Exynos
As recommended by Smiss on a reply on XDA, following are the settings that works flawless.
Settings to set on Arnova8G2’s build of Google Camera 6.1.021
As reported by user marktsadkin with the following settings, Night Sight works on Arnova8G2’s Google Camera build on Galaxy S8 Exynos.
Set following Mod settings:
- HDR+ parameters – 15
- Autoexposure – 1.5sec
- Correction – 1/6sec
- Advanced > Base > Pixel2018 need YUV
- Back and front – Pixel 3XL
- Advanced > FIX > RAW format – Sensor
- Viewfinder format – YUV
Following are the settings for Photo:
- Advanced settings > final JPG – 100%
- Enhanced HDR+ – yes
- Remove zoom – yes
- save to DCIM – yes
- alternative config – yes
- OIS – yes
Some images from Galaxy S7 Exynos Google Camera 5.1.018
Thanks to Smiss for these shots captured on Google Camera.
Try other GCam for Galaxy S7 Exynos
Google Camera is never available for phones other than Google Pixel series. With that fact, this is just a port of the actual Google Camera app.
That’s all for the Galaxy S7 Exynos’s Google camera. Stay tuned to this article for more updates on getting a stable or other latest updates of GCam for Galaxy S7 Exynos.
New features are keep on coming on the Google Camera app and hence there could be many versions of these ported apps for Galaxy S7 Exynos. Below forum will have all available working Google Camera for Galaxy S7 Exynos.