This post was last updated on January 22nd, 2020 at 04:38 pm
A working mod of Google Camera or GCam for Galaxy Note 8 Exynos is now available to download which is built by IDan. With a proper manual settings, almost every feature is working on this Google Camera.
This is based on Google camera base version 5.1.018. But IDan has ported the Night Sight feature (which actually comes on GCam version 6.1.021) on this GCam mod which works pretty well. Along with Night mode, you get HDR+, ZSL, Slow motion etc. on this GCam Exynos mod for Galaxy Note 8 Exynos model.
IDan’s GCam Exynos builds come not so frequently, but these are compatible for most of the recent Samsung models running on Exynos chipset.
- 1 How to Enable Camera2 API to install Google Camera on Galaxy Note 8 Exynos?
- 2 Where to Download GCam for Galaxy Note 8 Exynos?
- 3 How to Install Google Camera on Galaxy Note 8 Exynos?
- 4 How to enable Night and Dark mode on this Galaxy Note 8 Exynos GCam?
- 5 Try other GCam APK for Galaxy Note 8 Exynos
Status of this Galaxy Note 8 Exynos Google Camera
– Almost everything
How to Enable Camera2 API to install Google Camera on Galaxy Note 8 Exynos?
Google Camera2 API is what enables advanced camera features such as: RAW image capture, High frame rate video recording, slow motion, etc.
To be able to install and run Google Camera successfully, the Camera2 API must be enabled.
Follow the below guide to enable Camera2 API on Galaxy Note 8 Exynos:
- Install TWRP recovery.
- Either flash a camera2 API enabled patched boot image or flash the Camera2 API enabler zip file using custom recovery.
– TWRP for Galaxy Note 8 Exynos
– Install TWRP using Odin
Where to Download GCam for Galaxy Note 8 Exynos?
IDan 4.7 GCam 5.1.018 for Galaxy Note 8 Exynos (Night and Dark mode enabled)
How to Install Google Camera on Galaxy Note 8 Exynos?
- Download the GCam apk for Galaxy Note 8 Exynos from the above download link
- To install apps from a third party app other than Play Store you need to enable app install from Unknown Sources on your Android device.
For Android Oreo or Pie version, enable Install Unknown Apps from the app from which you are going to install the Google Camera APK.
For example: if you have downloaded the Google Camera apk file on Google chrome or firefox browser on your phone.
Or you have downloaded and copied the apk file to the file browser and you want to install it from there.
Go to Settings > Apps & notifications > Open the app (Chrome, Firefox or file manager app etc) > Install unknown apps and enable Allow from this source
- Once enabled, click on the app to install.
- Go to App settings and Clear data.
How to enable Night and Dark mode on this Galaxy Note 8 Exynos GCam?
To enable Night mode and Super Night (Dark) mode on this GCam, follow the below instructions:
- Go to Settings > Disable Reduce contrast if it is enabled.
- Scroll down little more and go to Portrait, Lens Blur and other settings > Lens Blur mode megapixels > Set as 12.6 MP
- Then go to Fast config. toogles > enable the Enable Night settings toggle by Egoist, enable the Enable Super Night (Dark) settings toggle by Egoist and enable the Enable Default config. toggle
Try other GCam APK for Galaxy Note 8 Exynos
Google Camera was never available for phones other than Google Pixel series. With that fact, this is just a port of the actual Google Camera app.
That’s all for now. Stay tuned to this article for more updates on getting a stable or other latest updates of GCam for Galaxy Note 8 Exynos.
New features are keep on coming on the Google Camera app and hence there could be many versions of these ported apps for Galaxy Note 8 Exynos. Below forum will have all GCam apk updates for the Galaxy Note 8 Exynos.