This post was last updated on March 21st, 2020 at 04:33 pm
Few working Google Camera for Galaxy A70 are available to download which is ported by BSG and Parrot043. This page lists down all available GCam port for the Galaxy A70 and will be updated when new versions are available.
- 1 Available GCam versions
- 2 Android compatibility of Galaxy A70 GCam
- 3 Where to Download Google Camera for Galaxy A70?
- 4 How to Install Google Camera on Galaxy A70?
Available GCam versions
Below are the available versions of GCam for Galaxy A70
- GCam 7.3
- GCam 7.0
- GCam 6.1
The older GCam 6.1 build has brought night sight and the Astrophotography mode on Galaxy A70 GCam 7.3. The available GCam ports are compatible on Android Pie and Android 10.
Android compatibility of Galaxy A70 GCam
Google Camera 6.1 is compatible with Android Pie. Hence the same goes for this GCam for Galaxy A70.
Status of this Galaxy A70 Google Camera
– Almost everything
– Nothing reported yet
Where to Download Google Camera for Galaxy A70?
How to Install Google Camera on Galaxy A70?
- Download one of the GCam apk for Galaxy A70 from the above download link
- To install apps from a third party app other than Play Store you need to enable app install from Unknown Sources on your Android device.
For Android Oreo or Pie version, enable Install Unknown Apps from the app from which you are going to install the Google Camera APK.
For example: if you have downloaded the Google Camera apk file on Google chrome or firefox browser on your phone.
Or you have downloaded and copied the apk file to the file browser and you want to install it from there.
Go to Settings > Apps & notifications > Open the app (Chrome, Firefox or file manager app etc) > Install unknown apps and enable Allow from this source
- Once enabled, click on the app to install.
- Go to App settings and Clear data.
- Start the Google camera app and enjoy ultimate mobile photography on Galaxy A70.
Manual settings for GCam 6.1
Goto Settings > BSG MOD settings > FIX > Image Format here you set as YUV_420_888
Goto Settings > BSG MOD settings > Input Model > Front camera here you set as Nexus 6p
How to enable Astro Photography mode on Galaxy A70 Google Camera 7.x
By default the astro photography mode is not enabled on this GCam 7.x for Galaxy A70. In case you still want to change the setting, follow the below instructions to enable or disable the astrophotography mode.
- Go to GCam Settings
- Scroll down and go to Advanced settings
- Then scroll down almost to the end till you get Use astrophotography Mode under Night Sight settings.
Below are the screenshots that shows how to enable the astrophotography mode.
How to shoot in astrophotography mode on GCam 7?
Once the Astrophotography mode is enabled, there are certain conditions to be met to capture photos in that mode.
Following conditions must be met to capture in Astrophotography mode (known as cuttlefish in Google Camera ports like this):
– It can be enabled on Night Sight mode (only)
– The phone must be kept static (use a tripod or keep the phone somewhere to keep it static)
– There must be low light condition
– It may take few seconds for this mode to come up when the above conditions are met
See the below screenshots to get an idea how to know if it is shooting in Astrophotography mode in GCam 7?
When I kept the phone static in front of a good light source, the Astrophotography mode did not turn on no matter how longer I waited.
So, make sure it is a low light environment.
New features are keep on coming on the Google Camera app and hence there could be many versions of these ported apps for Galaxy A70. This page will always have all available working Google Camera for Galaxy A70.