October 21, 2019 at 1:30 PM #99935CyanogenMod DevKeymaster
A working build of Google Camera or GCam for Oppo A5 2020 is now available to download, which is based on Arnova8G2’s build. Reportedly this GCam on Oppo A5 2020 works pretty well including working night sight mode.
Available GCam versions
Below are the available versions of GCam for Oppo A5 2020
- GCam 7.0
- GCam 6.2
The Google camera 6.2 brings Time lapse, night sight feature and the GCam 7.0 or later version brings Astrophotography mode to the Oppo A5 2020. The available GCam ports are compatible on Android Pie and Android 10.
Status of this Oppo A5 2020 Google CameraWHAT’S WORKING
– Almost everythingKNOWN ISSUES
– Nothing reported yet
Camera2 API is already enabled on Oppo A5 (2020) which is a must to install GCam. Visit the following link to verify and enable the same (if required):
– Verify and enable Camera2 API (requires an unlocked bootloader)
Where to Download GCam for Oppo A5 2020?
How to Install Google Camera APK on Oppo A5 2020?
- Download a compatible Gcam APK from the above download link
- To install apps from a third party app other than Play Store you need to enable app install from Unknown Sources on your Android device.
For Android Oreo or Pie version, enable Install Unknown Apps from the app from which you are going to install the Google Camera APK.
For example: if you have downloaded the Google Camera apk file on Google chrome or firefox browser on your phone.
Or you have downloaded and copied the apk file to the file browser and you want to install it from there.
Go to Settings > Apps & notifications or Manage Apps on MIUI > Select the app (Chrome, Firefox or file manager app etc) > Install unknown apps or Install apps from unknown sources on MIUI and enable Allow from this source
- Once enabled, click on the app to install.
How to enable Astro Photography mode on Oppo A5 (2020) Google Camera 7.0
By default the astro photography mode is not enabled on this GCam 7.0 for Oppo A5 (2020). In case you still want to change the setting, follow the below instructions to enable or disable the astrophotography mode.
- Go to GCam Settings
- Scroll down and go to Advanced settings
- Then scroll down almost to the end till you get Use astrophotography Mode under Night Sight settings.
Below are the screenshots that shows how to enable the astrophotography mode.
How to shoot in astrophotography mode on GCam 7.0?
Once the Astrophotography mode is enabled, there are certain conditions to be met to capture photos in that mode.
Following conditions must be met to capture in Astrophotography mode (known as cuttlefish in Google Camera ports like this):
– It can be enabled on Night Sight mode (only)
– The phone must be kept static (use a tripod or keep the phone somewhere to keep it static)
– There must be low light condition
– It may take few seconds for this mode to come up when the above conditions are met
See the below screenshots to get an idea how to know if it is shooting in Astrophotography mode in GCam 7.0?
When the display shows something like “Astrophotography on” or “Phone is steady” or “Capturing cuttlefish” while capturing photo in Night Sight mode, then most likely it is shooting in astrophotography mode otherwise not.
When I kept the phone static in front of a good light source, the Astrophotography mode did not turn on no matter how longer I waited.
So, make sure it is a low light environment.New features are keep on coming on the Google Camera app and hence there could be many versions of these ported apps for Oppo A5 2020. So, stay tuned to get other updates of Oppo A5 2020 on other Google Camera, Custom ROMs and all other device specific topics.
? GCam APK | LineageOS
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.