Google Camera or GCam for Essential Phone is now available to download with Night Sight and Astrophotography support. This is the 6.1.021 version of Google Camera for Essential Phone, which is brought to you by Arnova8G2, Parrot043.
Available GCam versions
Below are the available versions of GCam for Essential Phone.
- GCam 7.3 (Working on Essential Phone Android 11)
- GCam 6.1
- GCam 5.3
The Google camera 6.1 provides night sight and GCam 5.3 provides HDR+ and all other legacy features. The GCam 6.1 is compatible for Android Pie and the GCam 5.3 version is for the Android Oreo.
Status of this Essential Phone Google Camera
– Almost everything
– Nothing reported yet
– Verify and enable Camera2 API if it is required.
How to Install Google Camera on Essential Phone?
- Download the GCam apk for Essential Phone from the above download link
- To install apps from a third party app other than Play Store you need to enable app install from Unknown Sources on your Android device.For Android Oreo or Pie version, enable Install Unknown Apps from the app from which you are going to install the Google Camera APK.
For example: if you have downloaded the Google Camera apk file on Google chrome or firefox browser on your phone.
Or you have downloaded and copied the apk file to the file browser and you want to install it from there.
Go to Settings > Apps & notifications > Open the app (Chrome, Firefox or file manager app etc) > Install unknown apps and enable Allow from this source
- Once enabled, click on the app to install.
- Go to App settings and Clear data.
- Start the Google camera app and enjoy ultimate mobile photography on Essential Phone.
New features are keep on coming on the Google Camera app and hence there could be many versions of these ported apps for Essential Phone. This page will have all available working Google Camera for Essential Phone including those will come in future. ;)