Table of Contents
Despite being a phone with low end hardware specs, today we have GCam for Galaxy J6 available from a Google Camera port made by MadnessKnight.
Google camera enhances the photography experience on any phone it works. Today we have working port(s) of Google Camera (or) GCam for Galaxy J6. The compatible Google Camera port(s) are brought to you by Urnyx05.
Available GCam versions for Galaxy J6
Below are the available version(s) of GCam APK for Galaxy J6:
- GCam 6.2
The GCam 6.2 version brings the Night Sight feature to the Galaxy J6 along with other older features such as HDR+, portrait mode etc. The available GCam ports are compatible with Android 9 and Android 10.
Status of this Galaxy J6 Google Camera
– All basic features
– In order to take a photo, first focus to a spot, otherwise it won’t take a photo
– Night Sight isn’t properly working, but it’s now compatible
– Front camera shutter may fail
– In bright conditions, shooting a portrait photo will break tap to focus. Workaround: Just restart the app
– Lens shading issue
– AWBs (Auto White Balance) may not be different
Where to Download GCam for Galaxy J6?
Below are the available download link to the compatible Google Camera for Galaxy J6 –
How to Install Google Camera APK on Galaxy J6?
- Download the GCam APK file from the given download link(s).
- To install apps from a third party app other than Play Store you need to enable app install from Unknown Sources on your Android device.
For Android 8 or later, enable Install Unknown Apps from the app from which you are going to install the Google Camera APK.
For example: if you have downloaded the Google Camera apk file on Google chrome or firefox browser on your phone. Or you have downloaded and copied the apk file to the file browser and you want to install it from there.
Go to Settings > Apps and notifications > Open the app (Chrome, Firefox or file manager app etc) > Install unknown apps and enable Allow from this source
See the below screenshots that enables to install unknown apps on Pie for Chrome app (you need to enable on the app from where you want to install the apk):
- Once enabled, click on the downloaded app to install.
- Once installed you can clear the app data and open the app and enjoy the feature packed Google Camera APK on Galaxy J6.
New features are keep coming on the Google Camera APK and hence there could be many versions of these ported apps for Galaxy J6. This page will always have all available working Google Camera for Galaxy J6.