Android Pie 9.0 for Redmi Note 5 Pro is now available to download. This is a quite stable BETA build of Android Pie for Redmi Note 5 Pro (whyred), which can be usable as a daily driver.
This AOSP build of Android Pie 9.0 for Redmi Note 5 Pro is brought to you by akhilnarang.
DONATION TO PROJECT/DEVELOPER(s):
Please consider for a small contribution to akhilnarang for the effort to build this ROM:
– donation to akhilnarang
Status of this Android Pie 9 AOSP ROM for Redmi Note 5 Pro:
– Almost Everything
– Hardware Encryption
REQUIRED LINKS AND FILES OF ANDROID PIE 9.0 FOR Redmi Note 5 Pro:
HOW TO FLASH/INSTALL ANDROID PIE 9.0 ON Redmi Note 5 Pro:
Follow this guide if you are flashing Android 9.0 Pie on Redmi Note 5 Pro for the first time, or coming from any other ROM of any Android version:
- Boot into the TWRP custom Recovery to install this Android 9.0 Pie for Redmi Note 5 Pro.
- Backup system, vendor, boot, data of your Redmi Note 5 Pro phone
- Wipe the data partition (or do a factory reset), wipe cache, ART or Dalvik cache and Format the System partition.
- Download and Copy the Android Pie GApps and Redmi Note 5 Pro Android 9 Pie AOSP ROM ZIP files to your phone by using MTP mode in TWRP.
- Flash the Redmi Note 5 Pro Android 9 Pie AOSP ROM file that you have copied into the phone.
- Then flash the Android 9.0 Pie GApps (Android 9 Pie GApps package).
- Reboot and Enjoy the Android 9.0 Pie on Redmi Note 5 Pro.
Upgrading from earlier version of Android Pie on Redmi Note 5 Pro (whyred):
- Copy the latest Android 9 Pie for Redmi Note 5 Pro ROM ZIP file, Android 9 Pie GApps package to the phone.
- Boot into TWRP Recovery on Redmi Note 5 Pro.
– Make sure you have a latest custom Recovery that should be able to flash the Android Pie ROM update on Redmi Note 5 Pro.
- Format or wipe the system partition from the custom recovery menu.
- First install the Android 9 Pie ROM ZIP file from device.
- Reboot and see you have the GApps available or not.
- If you don’t have GApps after upgrading the Android 9 Pie on Redmi Note 5 Pro, then flash the Android GApps once again.
- Once everything is done, reboot and Enjoy the Android 9 Pie for Redmi Note 5 Pro.
TROUBLESHOOTING AFTER INSTALLING ANDROID PIE 9.0 ON Redmi Note 5 Pro:
Of course this Android Pie build for Redmi Note 5 Pro is not stable yet. So, if in case you want to downgrade to Android Oreo then here are some of the options:
– OFFICIAL LineageOS 15.1 Oreo ROM for Redmi Note 5 Pro
– LineageOS 15.1 Oreo ROM for Redmi Note 5 Pro
– Resurrection Remix Oreo ROM for Redmi Note 5 Pro
Where to Download Google Camera for Redmi Note 5 Pro Android Pie?
GCam version 6.x and 7.0 such as: GCam 6.2.030 or Gcam 6.1.021 and some or all GCam 7.0 are compatible with any Android Pie ROM in general.
In case you won’t get your device in the above lists, you can always look into the big list of Google Camera for Android Pie page that contains a huge list of GCam for all available devices.