Android Pie 9.0 for Redmi Note 5 Pro is now available to download. This is a quite stable BETA build of Android Pie for Redmi Note 5 Pro (whyred), which can be usable as a daily driver.
This AOSP build of Android Pie 9.0 for Redmi Note 5 Pro is brought to you by akhilnarang.
- 1 DONATION TO PROJECT/DEVELOPER(s):
- 2 REQUIRED LINKS AND FILES OF ANDROID PIE 9.0 FOR Redmi Note 5 Pro:
- 3 HOW TO FLASH/INSTALL ANDROID PIE 9.0 ON Redmi Note 5 Pro:
- 4 TROUBLESHOOTING AFTER INSTALLING ANDROID PIE 9.0 ON Redmi Note 5 Pro:
DONATION TO PROJECT/DEVELOPER(s):
Please consider for a small contribution to akhilnarang for the effort to build this ROM:
– donation to akhilnarang
THIS IS AN INITIAL BETA BUILD OF Redmi Note 5 Pro ANDROID PIE (Android 9).
MAKE SURE TO BACKUP EVERYTHING BEFORE YOU INSTALL THIS ANDROID PIE ROM ON Redmi Note 5 Pro.
– Installing a custom ROM requires unlocked bootloader on Redmi Note 5 Pro, which may VOID your warranty and may delete all your data. Before proceeding further you may consider backup all data on the phone.
– You are the only person making changes to your phone and I cannot be held responsible for the mistakes done by you.
Status of this Android Pie 9 AOSP ROM for Redmi Note 5 Pro:
– Almost Everything
– Hardware Encryption
REQUIRED LINKS AND FILES OF ANDROID PIE 9.0 FOR Redmi Note 5 Pro:
HOW TO FLASH/INSTALL ANDROID PIE 9.0 ON Redmi Note 5 Pro:
Follow this guide if you are flashing Android 9.0 Pie on Redmi Note 5 Pro for the first time, or coming from any other ROM of any Android version:
– Try to avoid restoring apps backup using any application such as: Titanium Backup. It may break things up.
– Don’t restore system data using Titanium Backup! It will definitely break the current installation.
– It is also discouraged to Restoring Apps + Data using Titanium Backup.
- Boot into the TWRP custom Recovery to install this Android 9.0 Pie for Redmi Note 5 Pro.– Make sure to have a Custom recovery like a TWRP recovery or any other custom recovery.
– If not then download the TWRP recovery from Downloads link and follow the TWRP flashing Guide (it’s a generic guide which will work for TWRP or any other recovery)
- Backup system, vendor, boot, data of your Redmi Note 5 Pro phone
- Wipe the data partition (or do a factory reset), wipe cache, ART or Dalvik cache and Format the System partition.– Here is a guide explaining How to wipe data using TWRP.
- Download and Copy the Android Pie GApps and Redmi Note 5 Pro Android 9 Pie AOSP ROM ZIP files to your phone by using MTP mode in TWRP.
- Flash the Redmi Note 5 Pro Android 9 Pie AOSP ROM file that you have copied into the phone.– Here is a post explaining how to install recovery flashable zip file
- Then flash the Android 9.0 Pie GApps (Android 9 Pie GApps package).– Here is a post explaining how to install GApps using TWRP recovery.
- Reboot and Enjoy the Android 9.0 Pie on Redmi Note 5 Pro.
Upgrading from earlier version of Android Pie on Redmi Note 5 Pro (whyred):
- Copy the latest Android 9 Pie for Redmi Note 5 Pro ROM ZIP file, Android 9 Pie GApps package to the phone.
- Boot into TWRP Recovery on Redmi Note 5 Pro.
– Make sure you have a latest custom Recovery that should be able to flash the Android Pie ROM update on Redmi Note 5 Pro.
- Format or wipe the system partition from the custom recovery menu.
- First install the Android 9 Pie ROM ZIP file from device.– Here is a post explaining how to install recovery flashable zip
- Reboot and see you have the GApps available or not.– Gapps is built in such a way that it will sustain across ROM updates.
- If you don’t have GApps after upgrading the Android 9 Pie on Redmi Note 5 Pro, then flash the Android GApps once again.– Here is a post explaining how to flash GApps using TWRP recovery.
- Once everything is done, reboot and Enjoy the Android 9 Pie for Redmi Note 5 Pro.
TROUBLESHOOTING AFTER INSTALLING ANDROID PIE 9.0 ON Redmi Note 5 Pro:
Of course this Android Pie build for Redmi Note 5 Pro is not stable yet. So, if in case you want to downgrade to Android Oreo then here are some of the options:
– OFFICIAL LineageOS 15.1 Oreo ROM for Redmi Note 5 Pro
– LineageOS 15.1 Oreo ROM for Redmi Note 5 Pro
– Resurrection Remix Oreo ROM for Redmi Note 5 Pro
For the development status or to report BUG you can visit the xda link or you can leave a reply here.