This post was last updated on March 12th, 2020 at 04:28 am
Working mod of Google Camera for Axon 10 Pro is now available to download, which is based on Arnova8G2’s build. This GCam is just a port of Google Camera APK and not the actual stock Google Camera app, so you can always expect that some features might not be available or just broken!
- 1 Available GCam versions
- 2 Where to Download GCam for Axon 10 Pro?
- 3 How to Install Google Camera on Axon 10 Pro?
- 4 How to enable and shoot on Astro Photography mode on Axon 10 Pro’s Google Camera 7.0?
Available GCam versions
Below are the available versions of GCam for Axon 10 Pro.
- GCam 7.0
- GCam 6.1
The Google camera 6.1 provides night sight and also allows to switch between different camera sensors and also comes with a pre-configured configuration file. The GCam 7.0 version provides Astrophotography mode.
Status of this Axon 10 Pro Google Camera APK:
– Almost Everything
– Nothing reported yet
Where to Download GCam for Axon 10 Pro?
Don’t bother about Camera2 API, as it is enabled by default on devices shipped with Android Oreo or later.
How to Install Google Camera on Axon 10 Pro?
- Download the Axon 10 Pro GCam apk file from the above download link
- To install apps from a third party app other than Play Store you need to enable app install from Unknown Sources on your Android device.
For Android Oreo or Pie version, enable Install Unknown Apps from the app from which you are going to install the Google Camera APK.
For example: if you have downloaded the Google Camera apk file on Google chrome or firefox browser on your phone.
Or you have downloaded and copied the apk file to the file browser and you want to install it from there.
Go to Settings > Apps & notifications > Open the app (Chrome, Firefox or file manager app etc) > Install unknown apps and enable Allow from this source
- Once enabled, click on the app to install.
- This Google Camera app has a pre-filled config file. To install that follow the below guide.
How to Install xml config file on Axon 10 Pro Google Camera APK?
- Download the xml config file (Axon10ProV3.xml) from the above download link for Axon 10 Pro Google Camera 6.1.021
- Once Google Camera is installed, create the following directories on the ROOT of your phone’s internal memory and copy the xml config file:
- First create a directory in the name of GCam (G and C capital letter) under the ROOT directory.
- Then create a directory named Configs (C in capital letter) under GCam directory.
- Copy the xml config file in this directory.
- Now you can open the app and click on the blank space beside the capture button in two fingers.
- When prompted, tap on RESTORE to load the config file. (do this twice as for the first time the config did not loaded)
- Once the xml config file is loaded, you are done with the installation.
How to switch between different lenses on Google Camera?
You can switch between different lenses by holding down the camera switching button and the gallery button together!
How to enable and shoot on Astro Photography mode on Axon 10 Pro’s Google Camera 7.0?
By default the astrophotography mode is not enabled on this Google camera 7.0 for Axon 10 Pro. Few settings need to be enabled. Before you proceed to enable any settings, just a heads up: from Google Camera 7.0 onward the settings is moved under Quick settings pull down menu.
Settings to enable astrophotography mode –
- Open Settings
- Scroll down and click on About modification
- Then go to Developer Settings (Keep in mind that This developer setting is different than the Android’s developer settings)
- On the next screen search for "cuttle". All the cuttle related settings will be filtered.
- Now enable or check all the boxes for following options
- Now, force stop the Google camera app and restart it.
- Now, to capture photo in astrophotography mode; follow the next instructions.
How to capture photos in astrophotography mode?
Following conditions must be met to capture in Astrophotography mode (known as cuttlefish in Google Camera ports like this):
– It can be enabled on Night Sight mode
– The phone must be kept static (use a tripod or keep the phone somewhere to keep it static)
– There must be low light condition
– It may take few seconds for this mode to come up when the above conditions are met