Android 11 is released recently and the official updated of the same for Zenfone Max Pro M1 is far away. But, PixysOS 4.0 which is based on Android 11, is now available for Zenfone Max Pro M1.
This is a step-by-step guide that explains how to install PixysOS 4.0 on Zenfone Max Pro M1. This build is brought to you by developer Invisiblek.
About PixysOS 4.0
PixysOS is a custom Android firmware based on the AOSP source which is run by Subinsmani, rahul9999, ki, Shreejoy Dash, kvijaya, AxelBlaz3, Psycho-Mods, amarbajpai, Gero, and melvingarcia. Having a decent team, they bring the PixyOS to many devices.
We aim to deliver an experience with original ideas and features along with the useful things the community is accustomed to.
As they say, PixysOS brings popular features from other ROMs as well as add some of their own, giving it a familiar yet unique touch. And, PixysOS 4.0 is the update on top of the latest Android 11.
Donation to Developer(s)
– Donation Link Not Found
Installing a custom ROM requires advanced knowledge to modify the underlying firmware on your phone, such as bootloader unlock, custom recovery installation etc.
If not done properly it may leave you phone unusable temporarily or permanently!
This is an initial build for Zenfone Max Pro M1 which may not boot at all or may have many BUGs.
Download PixysOS 4.0 for Zenfone Max Pro M1
Below is the direct download link to the PixysOS 4.0 build for Zenfone Max Pro M1
Other Requirements to Install PixysOS 4.0 on Zenfone Max Pro M1
To be able to install any Android 11 ROM build on the phone, it must have an unlocked bootloader and a compatible custom recovery installed.
So, to make it easier for you, we have included appropriate guides on how to unlock bootloader and install recovery in the below sections.
In addition, the custom ROMs usually lack any Google Apps like: Google Play, Google Maps, etc. out of the box. So, the post installation requiremnt is, GApps for Android 11.
Zenfone Max Pro M1 PixysOS 4.0 Build Info (latest build)
I have verified the build for its legitimacy by extracting the system image. Below are the data what I have got, which clearly represents this to be a valid build of PixysOS 4.0 for Zenfone Max Pro M1:
ro.build.id=RP1A.200720.009 ro.build.version.release=11 ro.build.date=Thu Sep 24 07:06:55 IST 2020 ro.build.user=subins ro.build.product=X00TD ro.build.description=coral-user 11 RP1A.200720.009 6720564 release-keys
– Not Known
How to Update Zenfone Max Pro M1 to PixysOS 4.0 (Android 11)?
Installing PixysOS 4.0 requires an unlocked bootloader and a custom recovery installed on the phone. This is the reason the entire installation guide is divided into three parts as below:
- Bootloader Unlocking
- Installing Custom Recovery
- Installing the PixysOS 4.0 ROM
Unlock Bootloader on Zenfone Max Pro M1
Zenfone Max Pro M1 bootloader unlock guide. A step-by step guide that explains how to unlock bootloader of Zenfone Max Pro M1.
Install custom recovery on Zenfone Max Pro M1
Custom recoveries are needed to flash any of these Android custom ROMs on Zenfone Max Pro M1. Below is a list of step-by step guides that explains how to install custom recovery such as TWRP or OrangeFox recovery on Zenfone Max Pro M1.
Install PixysOS 4.0 on Zenfone Max Pro M1
- Download the PixysOS 4.0 ROM for Zenfone Max Pro M1 and copy it into the phone or keep in the PC if you intend to install using ADB sideload.
- Enter into recovery and Wipe data, Cache, System and clean Dalvik cache.
– Make sure you don’t wipe or format Internal memory here. Otherwise you will lose all your phone data!– Follow these instructions to wipe data using TWRP recovery– This step will erase the current firmware from the phone. You can choose to keep a backup of the relevant boot and system partition so that you can rollback if the new build doesn’t work properly.
- Install PixysOS 4.0 using TWRP recovery or any custom recovery of your choice
Use ADB Sideload to install the PixysOS 4.0 ROM zip file.
You can use any one of the above mentioned method to install the zip file on the phone.
- Install Android 11 GApps using TWRP
– Basically, The GApps package provides basic Google Play Services, Play Store application and other Google Applications.
- Once done, reboot the phone to boot into PixysOS 4.0 on Zenfone Max Pro M1 which is based on Android 11.
Well, after installing the PixysOS 4.0 and GApps zip file you are done with the installation process. But, there are few add-on packages that you can install to unleash the real capabilities of your phone!
Below are some of the extra little things which you can install on top of the PixysOS 4.0 ROM on your Zenfone Max Pro M1.
Google Camera or shortened as GCam, usually brings better images on your existing camera setup.
– Download Google Camera for Zenfone Max Pro M1
Also, visit the Zenfone Max Pro M1 (X00T) page to get other PixysOS 4.0 ROMs, LineageOS 18, or other device specific topics.