ArrowOS 11 for Moto G5 Plus is now available, which brings Android 11 for the device. This is a step-by-step guide that explains how to install ArrowOS 11 on Moto G5 Plus. This build is brought to you by developer kubersharma.
About ArrowOS 11
ArrowOS is a CAF based AOSP custom ROM that is founded and run by bauuuuu, ganeshi4u, kubersharma, palaych along with different maintainers for different devices.
ArrowOS is an AOSP based project, which started with an objective of keeping things simple, clean and neat.
We added just the right and mostly used stuff that will be actually USEFUL at the end of the day, aiming to deliver smooth performance with better battery life.
Their official statement is quite clear and straight forward on what they deliver!
ArrowOS 11 is their new update on top of stock Android 11.
Unlike LineageOS team, the number of core developers are less hence ArrowOS reached to a very limited number of devices includgin the Moto G5 Plus.
Donation to Developer(s)
ArrowOS 11 brings Android 11 to Moto G5 Plus for free, but there is a lot of hard work that went to bring this update.
All these work are voluntary but you can make a donation to the developer or the ArrowOS team to keep this project going.
Other Requirements to Install ArrowOS 11 on Moto G5 Plus
To install ArrowOS 11 ROM on Moto G5 Plus, it must have an unlocked bootloader and a compatible custom recovery installed.
So, to make it easier for you, this post includes appropriate instructions on how to unlock bootloader and install recovery in the below sections.
In addition, the custom ROMs usually lack any Google Apps like: Google Play, Google Maps, etc. out of the box. So, the post-installation requirement is, GApps for Android 11.
- Almost Everything
- SELinux Permissive
How to Update Moto G5 Plus to ArrowOS 11 (Android 11)?
Installing ArrowOS 11 requires an unlocked bootloader and a custom recovery installed on the phone. This is the reason the entire installation guide is divided into three parts as below:
- Unlocking bootloader on the phone
- Installing Custom Recovery on the phone
- Installing the ArrowOS 11 ROM on the phone
Unlock Bootloader on Moto G5 Plus
Moto G5 Plus bootloader unlock guide. A step-by step guide that explains how to unlock bootloader of Moto G5 Plus.
Install custom recovery on Moto G5 Plus
Custom recovery is needed to flash ArrowOS 11 on Moto G5 Plus. Below is a list of step-by step guides that explains how to install custom recovery such as TWRP or OrangeFox recovery on Moto G5 Plus.
- How to Install TWRP in Motorola– [button anchor=”Download” url=”https://twrp.me/motorola/motorolamotog5plus.html” size=”medium” style=”default” color=”primary”]
Install ArrowOS 11 on Moto G5 Plus
- Download the ArrowOS 11 ROM for Moto G5 Plus from the above download section and copy it into the phone or keep in the PC if you intend to install using ADB sideload.
- Enter into recovery mode and Wipe data, Cache, System and clean Dalvik cache.
– Make sure you don’t wipe or format Internal memory here. Otherwise you will lose all your phone data!
- Install ArrowOS 11 using TWRP recovery or any custom recovery of your choice
Use ADB Sideload to flash the ArrowOS 11 zip file on Moto G5 Plus.
- Install Android 11 GApps using TWRP
- Once done, reboot the phone to boot into ArrowOS 11 on Moto G5 Plus which is based on Android 11.
Post Installation Downloads
After installing the ArrowOS 11 and GApps, you are done with upgrading the Moto G5 Plus to Android 11. But, there are few add-on packages that you can install to unleash the real capabilities of your phone!
Below are some of the extra little things which you can install on top of the ArrowOS 11 ROM on your Moto G5 Plus.
Rooting Moto G5 Plus ArrowOS 11
Currently, Magisk is the only thing that is actively developed and supports rooting this ArrowOS 11 ROM.
To do so, you can follow this Android 11 Rooting guide or the Magisk rooting guide to enable root on Moto G5 Plus ArrowOS 11.
Google Camera for Moto G5 Plus ArrowOS 11
Also, visit the Moto G5 Plus (potter) page to get other Android 11 ROMs, or other device specific topics.