Poco F1 AospExtended 8.0 based on Android 11 is now available to download. This is a step-by-step guide that explains how to install AospExtended 8.0 on Poco F1. This build is brought to you by developer ishubhamsingh.
About AospExtended 8.0
And, AospExtended 8.0 is the latest update on top of the Android 11.
AospExtended is a custom Android firmware based on the AOSP source which is founded by Shubham Singh and team which comprises of 15+ developers. Having a decent team of maintainers, they bring the AospExtended to quite a lot of devices.
As they say,
AospExtended is an AOSP based ROM which provides stock UI/UX experience with useful customizations.
Well, that’s pretty much a simple statement that defines them as their Android experience.
Donation to Developer(s)
– Donate to ishubhamsingh (founder and lead dev of AospExtended)
Installing a custom ROM requires advanced knowledge to modify the underlying firmware on your phone, such as bootloader unlock, custom recovery installation etc.
If not done properly it may leave you phone unusable temporarily or permanently!
This is an initial build for Poco F1 which may not boot at all or may have many BUGs.
Download AospExtended 8.0 for Poco F1
Below is the direct download link to the AospExtended 8.0 build for Poco F1
Other Requirements to Install AospExtended 8.0 on Poco F1
To be able to install any Android 11 ROM build on the phone, it must have an unlocked bootloader and a compatible custom recovery installed.
So, to make it easier for you, we have included appropriate guides on how to unlock bootloader and install recovery in the below sections.
In addition, the custom ROMs usually lack any Google Apps like: Google Play, Google Maps, etc. out of the box. So, the post installation requiremnt is, GApps for Android 11.
Poco F1 AospExtended 8.0 Build Info (latest build)
I have verified the build for its legitimacy by extracting the system image. Below are the data what I have got, which appears to be an AOSP Android 11 build but in fact, it is a valid build of AospExtended 8.0 for Poco F1:
- We will update soon…
– Not Known
How to Update Poco F1 to AospExtended 8.0 (Android 11)?
Installing AospExtended 8.0 requires an unlocked bootloader and a custom recovery installed on the phone. This is the reason the entire installation guide is divided into three parts as below:
- Bootloader Unlocking
- Installing Custom Recovery
- Installing the AospExtended 8.0 ROM
Unlock Bootloader on Poco F1
Poco F1 bootloader unlock guide. A step-by step guide that explains how to unlock bootloader of Poco F1.
Install custom recovery on Poco F1
Custom recoveries are needed to flash any of these Android custom ROMs on Poco F1. Below is a list of step-by step guides that explains how to install custom recovery such as TWRP or OrangeFox recovery on Poco F1.
Install AospExtended 8.0 on Poco F1
- Download the AospExtended 8.0 ROM for Poco F1 and copy it into the phone or keep in the PC if you intend to install using ADB sideload.
- Enter into recovery and Wipe data, Cache, System and clean Dalvik cache.
– Make sure you don’t wipe or format Internal memory here. Otherwise you will lose all your phone data!– Follow these instructions to wipe data using TWRP recovery– This step will erase the current firmware from the phone. You can choose to keep a backup of the relevant boot and system partition so that you can rollback if the new build doesn’t work properly.
- Install AospExtended 8.0 using TWRP recovery or any custom recovery of your choice
Use ADB Sideload to install the AospExtended 8.0 ROM zip file.
You can use any one of the above mentioned method to install the zip file on the phone.
- Install Android 11 GApps using TWRP
– Basically, The GApps package provides basic Google Play Services, Play Store application and other Google Applications.
- Once done, reboot the phone to boot into AospExtended 8.0 on Poco F1 which is based on Android 11.
Well, after installing the AospExtended 8.0 and GApps zip file you are done with the installation process. But, there are few add-on packages that you can install to unleash the real capabilities of your phone!
Below are some of the extra little things which you can install on top of the AospExtended 8.0 ROM on your Poco F1.
Rooting Poco F1 AospExtended 8.0
Google Camera for Poco F1
Google Camera or shortened as GCam, usually brings better images on your existing camera setup.
– Download GCam for Poco F1
Also, visit the Poco F1 (beryllium) page to get other AospExtended 8.0 ROMs, LineageOS 18, or other device specific topics.