It is very interesting to see the Android 10 update for Redmi K20 pro came on the same day on which it is released for Google Pixel devices. This clearly shows that this time Xiaomi is aggressive to bring the latest Android 10 software update at least to its flagship device.
This time along with Xiaomi, Essential has also released the Android 10. This sends a very positive sign to the consumers that Xiaomi cares to bring the latest Android updates as early as possible. It will be noteworthy to see what Xiaomi will do with other devices in the same context, and also, when other OEMs are going to bring the Android 10 to their devices.
Download Android 10 for Redmi K20 Pro
How to update Redmi K20 Pro to Android 10
Keep it in mind that the Redmi K20 Pro Android 10 update has only come for China and India version of the phone as noted by XDA. So, if you are a Redmi K20 Pro owner from other region, probably you can only flash via the fastboot method, but be sure to proceed with extreme caution!
There are two ways by which you can update Android 10 on Redmi K20 Pro, as following:
Automatic OTA update of Android 10 for Redmi K20 Pro:
– Check for an update that might have been pushed via an OTA. Do the following to see if you have got an update.
Manual fastboot update to install Android 10 on Redmi K20 Pro:
– If you have not got any automatic update, then, download the above Android 10 update for Redmi K20 Pro and flash the images using fastboot method.
Follow the below step by step guide to install Android 10 on Redmi K20 Pro using fastboot method. But before going to do so, make sure you are aware of what you are doing.
- Download and install the MiFlash Utility for Windows OS
- Download the MIUI Fastboot ROM zip file for your device from the above download links provided and unzip (extract the files).
- Put your phone into fastboot mode. (Power off the device. Press and hold both the Power button and the Volume Down button)
- Open the MiFlash utility, Click on browse and then select the unzipped MIUI Fastboot ROM directory.
- First click on the Refresh button, which should automatically recognize your Xiaomi device.
- Now click on the Flash button on the MiFlash utility.
That’s all. If things did go well, then you will have a working Android 10 on Redmi K20 Pro. For more updates on Redmi K20 Pro or LineageOS 17 for Redmi K20 Pro, stay tuned to the Redmi K20 Pro LineageOS forum.