Asus launched its Zenfone Max Pro M1 in 2018 with Stock Android on top of Android 8 Oreo. The device was sold like hotcakes due to the great hardware. Even though the brand launched a successor for the device i.e. the Max Pro M2, M1 was bought a large no of users. The fact which the users were attracted was that it has one of the best IPS panels in the segment, and it also has awesome developer support.
Now let’s come to the point, Asus has promised two major updates for the device. As promised, back in April 2019 the brand pushed out Android 9 Pie for the device. And later in January 2020, the brand has started the beta testing of Android 10 based on AOSP for the Zenfone Max Pro M1. Since then, the device has only received two beta updates in total i.e. one in January, and another one in May. There was no ETA when the brand will push the stable Android 10 update for the device.
Users of the device have been constantly spamming Asus India’s social media for the answer. And, earlier today the brand has pushed the third beta update for the device. The changelog of the update is posted below.
Changelog of Beta 3 Update
1. Android 10 upgrade.
2. Please be aware that installing this system image on a device removes all personal data from the device, so please remember to back up your data first.
3. This is the Android 10 AOSP developer version, so the user experience will be different from Android 9. If you are used to and prefer using Android 9, we recommend that you continue with the Android 9 version.
4. Updated Android security patch
5. Fixed fingerprint cannot be set issue
6. Fixed latest Android P image cannot upgrade to Android 10 issue
7. Fixed user can’t hear low frequency sounds issue
8. Fixed fast charging not working issue
9. Fixed Arena of Valor without high frame rate mode issue
10. Improved sound quality at Media and notification sounds
11. Fixed Netflix no HD (widevine L3) issue
12. Fixed lock screen wallpaper issue if user sets different pictures for the wallpaper lock screen, and double-click to wake up
13. Fixed text display issue of APP name
14. Fixed VOIP call silent issue after opening “OK Google” in the voice assistant.
15. Fixed HD, HDR HD, High frame rate missing issue in PUBG
16. Fixed NFC not working issue after upgrading to the Android 10
Download Android 10 Beta 3 for Zenfone Max Pro M1
The link for downloading the Beta 3 is available, and you can download it from the link given below. Please do visit Asus’s software page for proper installation.
- Device: Asus ZenFone Max Pro M1
- Codename: X00TD
- Channel: Global (WW) Beta 3
- Version: 17.2017.2006.429
- Android: 10
- Type: Recovery (Download Now)
The update is only for units with the “WW” version number. To be precise only for devices with version number WW-16.2017.2004.063 & WW-17.2017.1911.407. Please do backup your important data, so that you won’t loss your data in case if something happens. This wasn’t initially confirmed by the brand, and it was later confirmed through a post in ZenTalk. Still, there is no clarification from Asus that, when they will release the stable build.