A working mod of Google Camera or GCam for Vivo S1 Pro running on Android Pie or Android 10 is now available to download which is ported by parrot043. This build of GCam for Vivo S1 Pro should have all the basic features working.
Astrophotography feature was introduced in Google Camera, hence you get the same on this GCam for Vivo S1 Pro, in addition, you get other features such as HDR+, ZSL, Super Res Zoom, Night Sight, Time lapse etc.
Android compatibility of Vivo S1 Pro GCam
Google Camera is compatible with Android Pie and Android 10. Hence the same goes for this GCam for Vivo S1 Pro.
– Verify and enable Camera2 API
Where to Download GCam for Vivo S1 Pro?
Following is the download link to the Gcam APK for Vivo S1 Pro:
GCam 7.3 for Vivo S1 Pro
How to Install Google Camera on Vivo S1 Pro?
- Download the GCam from the above download link.
- To install apps from a third party app other than Play Store you need to enable app install from Unknown Sources on your Android device.
For Android Pie version, enable Install Unknown Apps from the app from which you are going to install the Google Camera APK.
For example: if you have downloaded the Google Camera apk file on Google chrome or firefox browser on your phone.
Or you have downloaded and copied the apk file to the file browser and you want to install it from there.
Go to Settings > Apps & notifications > Open the app (Chrome, Firefox or file manager app etc) > Install unknown apps and enable Allow from this source
See the below screenshots that enables to install unknown apps on Oreo for Chrome app (you need to enable on the app from where you want to install the apk):
- Once enabled, click on the downloaded app to install.
- Once installed you can clear the app data and open the app and enjoy the feature packed Google Camera APK on Vivo S1 Pro.
How to enable Astro Photography mode on Vivo S1 Pro Google Camera
By default the astro photography mode is not enabled on this GCam for Vivo S1 Pro. In case you still want to change the setting, follow the below instructions to enable or disable the astrophotography mode.
- Go to GCam Settings
- Scroll down and go to Advanced settings
- Then scroll down almost to the end till you get Use astrophotography Mode under Night Sight settings.
Below are the screenshots that shows how to enable the astrophotography mode.
How to shoot in astrophotography mode on GCam?
Once the Astrophotography mode is enabled, there are certain conditions to be met to capture photos in that mode.
Following conditions must be met to capture in Astrophotography mode (known as cuttlefish in Google Camera ports like this):
– It can be enabled on Night Sight mode (only)
– The phone must be kept static (use a tripod or keep the phone somewhere to keep it static)
– There must be low light condition
– It may take few seconds for this mode to come up when the above conditions are met
See the below screenshots to get an idea how to know if it is shooting in Astrophotography mode in GCam?
When I kept the phone static in front of a good light source, the Astrophotography mode did not turn on no matter how longer I waited.
So, make sure it is a low light environment.
Try other GCam APK on Vivo S1 Pro
Google Camera was never available for phones other than Google Pixel series. With that fact, this is just a port of the actual Google Camera app. You can try other GCam from various developers or from the huge device specific list.
– GCam APK Download (this page contains a huge list of GCam for all available devices)
That’s all for the Vivo S1 Pro’s Google Camera with astrophotography mode enabled. Stay tuned to this article for more updates on getting a stable or other latest updates of GCam for Vivo S1 Pro.
New features are keep on coming on the Google Camera app and hence there could be many versions of these ported apps for Vivo S1 Pro. Below forum will have all available working Google Camera for Vivo S1 Pro.