We have a working port of GCam for Vivo Nex available to download. The compatible Google Camera port(s) are brought to you by BSG and san1ty.
Available GCam versions for Vivo Nex
GCam 8.1 for Vivo Nex is the latest version among other compatible ports. Below are the available version(s) of GCam for Vivo Nex
- GCam 8.1 (Latest Version)
- GCam 7.0
The GCam 8.1 for Vivo Nex is now available which has multi mode stabilization, seamless zoom feature and seamless slow motion, audio zoom etc. But in the initial versions, all of the features might not be available or might not be working at all.
The GCam 7.x has brought better Night Sight, Astrophotography mode on Vivo Nex along with other features like HDR+, portrait mode etc. The available GCam ports are compatible on Android 10, and Android 11 (may be).
How to Install Google Camera on Vivo Nex?
- Download any compatible GCam APK for Vivo Nex from the above download link.
- To install apps from a third party app other than Play Store you need to enable app install from Unknown Sources on your Android device.
For Android Oreo or Pie version, enable Install Unknown Apps from the app from which you are going to install the Google Camera APK.
For example: if you have downloaded the Google Camera apk file on Google chrome or firefox browser on your phone.
Or you have downloaded and copied the apk file to the file browser and you want to install it from there.
Go to Settings > Apps & notifications > Open the app (Chrome, Firefox or file manager app etc) > Install unknown apps and enable Allow from this source
See the below screenshots that enables to install unknown apps on Oreo for Chrome app (you need to enable on the app from where you want to install the apk):
- Once enabled, click on the downloaded app to install.
- Once installed you can clear the app data and open the app and enjoy the feature packed Google Camera APK on Vivo Nex.
How to enable Astro Photography mode on Vivo Nex Google Camera?
By default the astrophotography mode is not enabled on this Google camera 7.0 for Vivo Nex. Few settings need to be enabled. Before you proceed to enable any settings, just a heads up: from Google Camera 7.0 onward the settings is moved under Quick settings pull down menu.
Settings to enable astrophotography mode
- Open Settings
- Scroll down and click on About modification
- Then go to Developer Settings (Keep in mind that This developer setting is different than the Android’s developer settings)
- On the next screen search for "cuttle". All the cuttle related settings will be filtered.
- Now enable or check all the boxes for following options
- Now, force stop the Google camera app and restart it.
- Now, to capture photo in astrophotography mode; follow the next instructions.
How to capture photos in astrophotography mode?
Following conditions must be met to capture in Astrophotography mode (known as cuttlefish in Google Camera ports like this):
– It can be enabled on Night Sight mode (only)
– The phone must be kept static (use a tripod or keep the phone somewhere to keep it static)
– There must be low light condition
– It may take few seconds for this mode to come up when the above conditions are met
See the below screenshots to get an idea how to know if it is shooting in Astrophotography mode in GCam 7.0?
Try other GCam APK for Vivo Nex
Google Camera was never available for phones other than Google Pixel series. With that fact, this is just a port of the actual Google Camera app.
– Google Camera APK Download (this page contains a huge list of GCam for all
New features are keep on coming on the Google Camera app and hence there could be many versions of these ported apps for Vivo Nex. Below forum will have all available working Google Camera for Vivo Nex.
That’s all for the Vivo Nex’s Google camera with astrophotography mode enabled. Stay tuned to this article for more updates on getting a stable or other latest updates of GCam for Vivo Nex.