Table of Contents
- 1 Files needed for Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 CM 13 unofficial ROM flashing:
- 2 Flashing Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 CM 13 CyanogenMod 13 Marshmallow ROM:
This post was last updated on December 16th, 2016 at 05:00 pm
Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 CM 13 Marshmallow ROM has been arrived which is brought to you by Android-Andi and Ziyan. If you are flashing CyanogenMod for the first time then please be aware that this MAY VOID WARRANTY of your phone and may permanently damage your phone. This Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 CM 13 CyanogenMod Marshmallow ROM is for P5100 (GSM variant), P5110 (Wi-Fi variant) and the P5113 (Wi-Fi variant). For more CM13 ROM updates and OFFICIAL update of Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 CM13, you can have a look on the big CyanogenMod 13 devices list.
Installing Custom ROM requires your phone to be UNLOCKED in some cases which may VOID WARRANTY. Sometimes if not handled carefully then it may permanently damage your phone and prevent from BOOT. Understand that you are the only person making changes to the device. In case of any damage or any kind of loss as a consequence of this installation, Neither the Developer nor CyanogenMods can be held responsible.
Files needed for Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 CM 13 unofficial ROM flashing:
Root binary is inbuilt since CyanogenMod 12, so you don’t need a separate SuperSu package to install to gain ROOT access.
Flashing Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 CM 13 CyanogenMod 13 Marshmallow ROM:
Follow this if you are flashing CyanogenMod 13 for the first time to your Galaxy Tab 2, or coming from another ROM:
- Copy the GApps and CyanogenMod ROM ZIP to your device.
- Boot into Recovery. Make sure to have a Custom recovery like CWM or TWRP.
- Wipe data factory reset, Cache partition, Dalvik Cache and Format the System partition. If you don’t know how to do this then here is how to wipe data using TWRP recovery.
- First flash the CM ROM ZIP from device.
- Then flash the GApps zip from your device memory.
- Reboot and Enjoy the CyanogenMod 13 Marshmallow ROM on your Galaxy Tab 2 10.1.
Upgrading from earlier version of CyanogenMod 13.0:
- Copy the CyanogenMod 13 ROM ZIP file to your phone.
- Boot into Recovery.
- Flash the latest CM ROM ZIP from your phone.
- Reboot and Enjoy
This will delete all your data on your phone. You may consider backing up your phone data or take a nandroid backup. Here is how to take NANDROID backup using TWRP recovery.
Points to NOTE:
– Try to avoid restoring apps backup using Titanium Backup. It may break things up.
– Don’t restore system data using Titanium Backup! It will definitely break the current installation.
– It is also discouraged to Restoring Apps + Data using Titanium Backup.
The first boot may take long time, so don’t panic and be sure that you have enough battery backup. Let the phone reboot and then enjoy the official CyanogenMod 13 Marshmallow ROM on Galaxy Tab 2 10.1.
If you have any queries or concerns on this ROM then please use our Q&A forum created for this ROM. After this CM13 installation you may want to enable ROOT access on your phone and here is how you can do that:
How to Enable ROOT Access on CM13/CyanogenMod 13