ZTE has recently unveiled the ZTE Blade V which is its own gaming line up series. Today I have brought you the bootloader unlock guide for ZTE Blade V.
What is a Bootloader and why is it locked on ZTE Blade V?
If you are a new user on this website or a new Android user then you might not know what bootloader unlock is and why do you need to unlock the same.
In computing, the startup process of a device is called as boot-up. During this boot-up process, the device is unusable by the user until it boots-up completely.
A boot-loader is a piece of software that loads other software(s) during the boot-up process. In Android, this bootloader is locked to make sure no-one can alter what is being loaded by this bootloader.
Usually, a user can install software only after the boot process is complete, and when the device is ready to use. So, basically the bootloader software is not something that is meant for the user but to run the device. If not secured, the user may alter the boot-up process leaving the device unusable.
Locking the bootloader ensures that the software integrity of the phone is trusted, meaning it has not been modified from the stock and hence used to provide or discard warranty, etc.
Requirements for this ZTE Blade V Bootloader Unlock Process
Once you understand what is the bootloader and want to unlock it on your ZTE Blade V then below are the few things that you need to do or download first.
How to Unlock bootloader on ZTE Blade V?
- Download and install the USB drivers and then install the ADB and Fastboot binaries using the above installer download link for Windows or Linux or MAC.
- Enable USB Debugging and OEM Unlock under Developer Options.
- Now connect the ZTE Blade V to the PC using a USB cable.
- On the computer, open a command prompt (on Windows) or terminal (on Linux or macOS) window, and type the following command to restart your phone into fastboot mode or bootloader mode:
adb reboot bootloader
- Now when your ZTE Blade V is on the bootloader / fastboot mode just execute one of the below command on the command line:
fastboot oem unlock
Well, that’s all on this ZTE Blade V bootloader unlock guide. If you face any kind of issue while following this guide, then just leave a comment here to get a response back.