Being a power user of Android Smartphones for so long, I always try to get my hands on the latest devices and as soon as I have it, I try to unlock the bootloader of that device. And, if you are a power user like me, then unlocking the bootloader will give you the immense possibilities of installing new custom ROMs like Lineage OS, custom mods, add-ons, etc. In this post, we will look at how to unlock the bootloader of Samsung Galaxy A70.
You might be familiar with the recently launched Samsung Galaxy A70 which is ought to be a mid-range smartphone. The Samsung Galaxy A70 smartphone was launched in April 2019, in India. The device is one of the smartphones from the A series of Samsung with the triple camera setup and also has the in-display fingerprint scanner as well. You can buy the device from various online e-commerce websites.
So, without any further ado, let us get straight into the article itself;
Samsung Galaxy A70 Specifications Overview
- 17.03cm (6.7”) FHD+ (1080×2400)
- Super AMOLED Infinity-U Display
- Resolution: 1080 x 2400 pixels, 20:9 ratio (~393 PPI density)
- Protection: Corning Gorilla Glass 3
- Rear: 32MP (F1.7) + 8MP (F2.2) + 5MP (F2.2), Video [email protected], [email protected]/240fps
- Front: 32MP (F2.0), Video [email protected]
- RAM: 6GB
- Internal Storage: 128GB
- Expandable: up to 512GB
- 4,500mAh, 25W Super Fast charging
- USB: Type C
- Chipset: Qualcomm Snapdragon 675
- CPU: Octa-core (2×2.0 GHz Kryo 460 Gold & 6×1.7 GHz Kryo 460 Silver)
- GPU: Adreno 612
OS and Features
- Android Pie
- Samsung One UI
- Fingerprint (under display), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass
How To Unlock Bootloader of Samsung Galaxy A70
Before we head into the instructions on how to unlock the bootloader on Tecno Phantom 9, let us take a look at what is bootloader and what is rooting with its advantages;
What is a Bootloader and the Advantages of unlocking it?
As in all of my post which is based on unlocking the bootloader, I give out information to you, so that, you should be aware of what is a bootloader and what are the advantages or the benefits you get after unlocking it.
A bootloader is a piece of software that, will automatically run, every time you starts up your phone or device. Moreover, the bootloader commands the phone, what programs to load in order to make your phone run. Besides, it is very important to have a functioning bootloader as it the one that starts up your device. This is the reason why bootloaders are stored in a stable memory away from your reach on your device. But, there are methods and solution for every smartphone that can help you to unlock your bootloader. However, you need to follow the steps very carefully in order to avoid any permanent damage caused to your device.
One thing to note is that unlocking your bootloader will void the warranty of your device. So, make sure that you are out of the warranty period or you are sure about what you are doing to your device.
But, there are certain advantages once, you have unlocked the bootloader of your device;
- You can install any custom ROM of your choice such as Lineage OS, Resurrection Remix ROM, etc.
- Moreover, you can root your device.
- You can flash TWRP.
Now, once you are equipped with all the information regarding bootloader and its advantages and disadvantages, you need to have the below-mentioned files and tools ready before heading to unlocking the bootloader;
- Make Sure your device is charged at least 70%.
- We would advise you to use the USB Cable that came in the box with the device.
- Make sure you have proper drivers installed for the Samsung Galaxy A70.
Enable Developer Options
- Enable Developer Options: Go to Settings>> About device. Tap 7 times on Build number to enable Developer options.
- Enable OEM Unlock and USB debugging options (Settings>>Developer options)
How To Enter Download Mode in Samsung Galaxy A70
- You can enter the Download Mode by connecting USB Cable to PC>>Turn Power off the phone>>Press and hold Volume Down + Volume Up keys together then while pressing these keys connecting the phone to PC with USB Cable Data.
- Now, release all keys when Download Mode appears.
Steps To Unlock Bootloader of Samsung Galaxy A70
NOTE: Before we begin with the unlocking of bootloader, I would strongly recommend you to create a backup of your device storage and all your files stored in your device. Unlocking of bootloader will wipe off the entire data on your device. Moreover, it is advised to follow the steps mentioned in this post very carefully to avoid permanent damage or bricking of your device. If anything goes wrong the author or Cynogenmods.org are not responsible for it.
- Firstly, enter Download Mode by following the above methods.
- In the Download Mode, you will see an option to long press Vol Up option to enter Device Unlock Mode.
- Now, unlock the bootloader. Note that this process will wipe the data on your device. So, be sure to backup of your data.
- Once you are in the Unlock Bootloader screen then, press Volume UP to select “YES” to confirm and “No” to cancel the unlock bootloader and restart the phone.
- After the bootloader is unlocked, your Samsung Galaxy A70 will reboot into system.
- Again go to Developer Options and verify that the OEM Unlocking option is greyed out.
- That’s it! Now you have successfully unlocked the bootloader of the Samsung Galaxy A70.
You can now go ahead and root your device and install various MODs, custom ROMs or modify the firmware of your device.
So, there you have it from my side in this post. Hope you have followed the above-mentioned steps and successfully unlocked the bootloader of your Samsung Galaxy A70. Please let us know in the comments section below if you have faced any issues while following the above-mentioned steps and also do report if you come across any link failure as well. The unlocking of bootloader also helps you in installing the custom ROMs like LIneage OS which is one of the most popular custom ROMs out there and moreover, you can unlock the true potential of the Samsung Galaxy A70 by unlocking its bootloader. Until the next post…Cheers!