Table of Contents
Do you want to know how to unlock the bootloader on Meizu M6 smartphone, and want to tweak system settings as well as customize your device? If yes, then, you are at the right place as in this post, we will guide you on how to unlock the bootloader on Meizu M6. Moreover, the first step in customizing the device is basically unlocking the bootloader, after which you can go ahead and install TWRP as well as root your device. Rooting your device gives you the administrative or developer privileges by which you can install custom ROMs, install TWRP Recovery to flash any zip file, install restricted applications and more. You can also install a mod application on your device without any problems.
However, you should know one thing that the unlocking of bootloader voids the warranty of your device. So, it is better to let the warranty period get over and then unlock the bootloader on your device. However, if you love customization and tweaking with the settings of your device to explore new features on your device then, you are at the right place. The Meizu M6 smartphone runs on the Android 7 Nougat out of the box. Also, note that this guide is only for the Meizu M6 smartphone and is not recommended to be used for any other smartphone. So, without any further ado, let us get straight into the article itself;
Quick Specs Overview of the Meizu M6
The Meizu M6 was released in September 2017 and is powered by the Mediatek MT6750 (28 nm) processor which is paired with 2GB/3GB of RAM and coupled with Mali-T860MP2 GPU. The device has a battery capacity of 3070 mAh and supports fast-charging up to 24W mCharge. Moreover, you get two storage options to choose from i.e. 16/32GB. In the display department, you get a 5.2-inch IPS touchscreen display with a resolution of 720×1280 pixels with an aspect ratio of 16:9 along with 282 PPI. The phone runs on Android 7 Nougat out of the box.
Moreover, in the camera department, you get a single camera setup with a 13MP autofocus camera with f/2.2 aperture. The camera features Dual-LED dual-tone flash. In the front, you get a single selfie camera which is an 8MP shooter with an f/2.0 aperture. The Meizu M6 device comes in four colors – Moonlight Silver, Champagne Gold, Matte Black, Electric Light Blue.
How To Unlock Bootloader on Meizu M6
But, before we head-on with the step by step guide on how to unlock the bootloader on the Meizu M6, let us take a look at what is unlock bootloader and what advantages and disadvantages are there if you unlock the bootloader?
What is Bootloader and the Advantages of unlocking it?
As in all of my post which is based on unlocking the bootloader, I give out information to you, so that, you should be aware of what is a bootloader and what are the advantages or the benefits you get after unlocking it.
A bootloader is a code that will automatically run, every time you starts up your phone or device. Moreover, the bootloader commands the phone, what programs to load in order to make your phone run. Besides, it is very important to have a functioning bootloader as it the one that starts up your device. This is the reason why bootloaders are stored in a stable memory away from your reach on your device. But, there are methods and solution for every smartphone that can help you to unlock your bootloader. However, you need to follow the steps very carefully in order to avoid any permanent damage caused to your device.
One thing to note is that unlocking your bootloader will void the warranty of your device. So, make sure that you are out of the warranty period or you are sure about what you are doing to your device.
However, there are some disadvantages with unlocking the bootloader;
- You can void your warranty.
- There will be issues with official OTA updates.
- Moreover, you can brick your device or stuck in a boot loop if you do not follow the steps to unlock the bootloader carefully.
But, there are certain advantages once, you have unlocked the bootloader of your device;
- You can install any custom ROM of your choice such as Lineage OS, Resurrection Remix ROM, etc.
- Moreover, you can root your device.
- You can flash TWRP.
- A Windows OS PC/laptop.
- This guide is only for the Meizu M6 smartphone.
- Make sure to charge your device to at least 60% or more.
- Install proper USB drivers for the Meizu M6.
- Take a complete back up of your device.
- Download and install ADB and Fastboot tools on your PC.
Steps to Unlock Bootloader on Meizu M6
As already mentioned above, you need to have an unlocked bootloader in order to install custom ROMs, restricted apps, etc on your device. Please follow the below steps to unlock the bootloader of the device;
NOTE: Before we begin with the unlocking of bootloader, I would strongly recommend you to create a backup of your device storage and all your files stored on your device. Unlocking of bootloader will wipe off the entire data on your device. Moreover, it is advised to follow the steps mentioned in this post very carefully to avoid permanent damage or bricking of your device. If anything goes wrong the author or Cynogenmods.org are not responsible for it.
- Note that unlocking the bootloader will wipe off the data on your device. So, make sure to take a complete backup of the data on your internal memory before proceeding with the unlocking procedure.
- Firstly, you need to enable the Developer Options on your device.
- To do this, go to Settings>>About Phone>>tap on the Build Number 7 times till you see a toast message “You are now a developer”.
- Under the Developer Options, you need to enable the USB Debugging and OEM Unlock option as well. To do that again head to the Settings>>Developer Options>>enable USB Debugging and also the OEM Unlock.
- Download and set-up the ADB and Fastboot tools on our PC.
- Now, head to the Platform-tools folder and open the CMD or command prompt in that same folder.
- Now, in the command prompt, enter the below command and press the Enter button on your keyboard;
- You will get a pop-up on your smartphone with a message “Always allow from this computer”. You need to press OK
- Type the below command to enter the bootloader mode, and press Enter;
adb reboot bootloader
- Now, type the below command to ensure that your device is connected to the PC. You will see your serial number on the list of connected devices. If your device is not listed this means that the drivers are not properly installed;
- After that, you need to type:
fastboot oem unlock
- Lastly, enter the final command;
- That’s it! You have finally unlocked the bootloader on the Meizu M6 smartphone.
You can now go ahead and root your device and install various MODs, custom ROMs or modify the firmware of your device.
So, there you have it from my side in this post. Hope you have followed the above-mentioned steps carefully and successfully unlocked the bootloader of your Meizu M6. Note that this is method is only for unlocking the Meizu M6. Please let us know in the comments section below if you have faced any issues while following the above-mentioned steps and also do report if you come across any link failure as well.
Moreover, the unlocking of bootloader also helps you in installing the custom ROMs like Lineage OS which is one of the most popular custom ROMs out there and moreover, you can unlock the true potential of the Meizu M6 device by unlocking its bootloader. Until the next post…Cheers!