Do you want to know how to unlock the bootloader on Honor 7s smartphone, and want to tweak system settings as well as customize your device? If yes, then, you are at the right place as in this post, we will guide you on how to unlock the bootloader on Honor 7s. Moreover, the first step in customizing the device is basically unlocking the bootloader, after which you can go ahead and install TWRP as well as root your device. Rooting your device gives you the administrative or developer privileges by which you can install custom ROMs, install TWRP Recovery to flash any zip file, install restricted applications and more. You can also install a mod application on your device without any problems.
However, you should know one thing that the unlocking of bootloader voids the warranty of your device. So, it is better to let the warranty period get over and then unlock the bootloader on your device. However, if you love customization and tweaking with the settings of your device to explore new features on your device then, you are at the right place. The Huawei Honor 7s smartphone runs on the Android 8.1 Oreo out of the box. Also, note that this guide is only for the Honor 7s smartphone and is not recommended to be used for any other smartphone. So, without any further ado, let us get straight into the article itself;
Quick Specs Overview of the Honor 7s
The Honor 7s which was released on May 2018, is powered by the MediaTek MT6739 (28 nm) processor which is paired with 2GB of RAM and coupled with PowerVR GE8100 GPU. The device has a battery capacity of 3020 mAh. Moreover, you get only one storage options to choose from i.e. 16GB but, you can expand the storage to up to 256GB via dedicated microSD slot. In the display department, you get a 5.45-inch LCD touchscreen display with a resolution of 720×1440 pixels with an aspect ratio of 18:9 along with 295 PPI. The phone runs on Android 8.1 Oreo out of the box.
Moreover, in the camera department, you get a single camera setup with a 13MP autofocus camera. The camera features LED flash, HDR, panorama. In the front, you get a single selfie camera which is a 5MP shooter with an f/2.0 aperture which features LED FLash as well. The Huawei Honor 7s device comes in three colors – Black, Gold, Blue.
How To Unlock Bootloader on Honor 7s
But, before we head-on with the step by step guide on how to unlock the bootloader on the Nokia 1 Plus, let us take a look at what is unlock bootloader and what advantages and disadvantages are there if you unlock the bootloader?
What is Bootloader and the Advantages of unlocking it?
As in all of my post which is based on unlocking the bootloader, I give out information to you, so that, you should be aware of what is a bootloader and what are the advantages or the benefits you get after unlocking it.
A bootloader is a piece of software that, will automatically run, every time you starts up your phone or device. Moreover, the bootloader commands the phone, what programs to load in order to make your phone run. Besides, it is very important to have a functioning bootloader as it the one that starts up your device. This is the reason why bootloaders are stored in a stable memory away from your reach on your device. But, there are methods and solution for every smartphone that can help you to unlock your bootloader. However, you need to follow the steps very carefully in order to avoid any permanent damage caused to your device.
One thing to note is that unlocking your bootloader will void the warranty of your device. So, make sure that you are out of the warranty period or you are sure about what you are doing to your device.
However, there are some disadvantages with unlocking the bootloader;
- You can void your warranty.
- There will be issues with official OTA updates.
- Moreover, you can brick your device or stuck in a boot loop if you do not follow the steps to unlock the bootloader carefully.
But, there are certain advantages once, you have unlocked the bootloader of your device;
- You can install any custom ROM of your choice such as Lineage OS, Resurrection Remix ROM, etc.
- Moreover, you can root your device.
- You can flash TWRP.
- A Windows OS PC/laptop.
- This guide is only for the Honor 7s smartphone.
- Make sure to charge your device to at least 60% or more.
- Install proper USB drivers for the Honor 7s.
- Take a complete back up of your device.
- Download and install ADB and Fastboot drivers.
Steps to Unlock Bootloader on Honor 7s
As already mentioned above, you need to have an unlocked bootloader in order to install custom ROMs, restricted apps, etc on your device. Please follow the below steps to unlock the bootloader of the device;
NOTE: Before we begin with the unlocking of bootloader, I would strongly recommend you to create a backup of your device storage and all your files stored on your device. Unlocking of bootloader will wipe off the entire data on your device. Moreover, it is advised to follow the steps mentioned in this post very carefully to avoid permanent damage or bricking of your device. If anything goes wrong the author or Cynogenmods.org are not responsible for it.
- Note that unlocking the bootloader will wipe off the data on your device. So, make sure to take a complete backup of the data on your internal memory before proceeding with the unlocking procedure.
- You need to enable the USB Debugging and OEM Unlock options.
- To do that, go to Settings>>About>>Software>>tap on Build Number 7 times till you see a toast message “You are now a developer”.
- Go back to Settings>>Developer Options>>enable USB Debugging and also enable OEM Unlock option.
- Now, download the ADB and Fastboot tools from the download section above and install it on your PC.
- Connect you Huawei Honor 7s device to the computer via a USB cable.
- After that, you need to open a command prompt by pressing Shift + right-click button on the same folder where you have extracted the ADB and Fastboot contents.
- Now, in the command prompt, enter the below command and press the Enter button on your keyboard;
- After that, you need to type the below command to enter the bootloader mode on the Honor 7s:
adb reboot bootloader
- To make sure that all the drivers are installed correctly on your PC, type the below command;
- The above command will list all the connected devices on your PC. If your phone’s serial number is there on the list then proceed with the below steps. However, if your phone’s serial number is NOT listed in the list then you need to re-install the drivers and again check that your device gets listed.
- After that, you need to type the below command to unlock the bootloader:
fastboot oem unlock
- The unlocking of the bootloader will start and once the procedure is complete type;
- That’s it! You have successfully unlocked the bootloader on the Honor 7s smartphone.
You can now go ahead and root your device and install various MODs, custom ROMs or modify the firmware of your device.
So, there you have it from my side in this post. Hope you have followed the above-mentioned steps carefully and successfully unlocked the bootloader of your Honor 7s device. Note that this is method is only for unlocking the Honor 7s. Please let us know in the comments section below if you have faced any issues while following the above-mentioned steps and also do report if you come across any link failure as well.
Moreover, the unlocking of bootloader also helps you in installing the custom ROMs like Lineage OS which is one of the most popular custom ROMs out there and moreover, you can unlock the true potential of the Huawei Honor 7S device by unlocking its bootloader. Until the next post…Cheers!