A working build of TWRP for Redmi 4A is now available to download. This is a step-by-step guide that explains how to install TWRP on Redmi 4A.
This Redmi 4A TWRP is brought to you by the official developer.
DONATION TO DEVELOPER(S) AND TWRP PROJECT:
If you like the work the developer(s) then do consider for a contribution to TWRP project:
– Donate to dees_troy TWRP’s Lead developer
About this TWRP for Redmi 4A
– TWRP version: 3.3.1-0
– Device Codename: rolex
– Supported Android Version: Android 10
What’s Not Working?
Where to download TWRP for Redmi 4A?
How to Install TWRP on Redmi 4A?
Installing TWRP on the phone requires an unlock bootloader. So, I have divided this whole guide into two parts as below:
- Bootloader Unlock
- Flashing the TWRP
Flashing or Booting the TWRP
- Download the TWRP recovery for Redmi 4A.
- Download and Install the ADB and Fastboot utilities.
- Then connect the phone to the PC using a USB cable.
- On the computer, open a command prompt (on Windows) or terminal (on Linux or macOS) window, and execute the below command to restart your phone into fastboot mode or bootloader mode:
adb reboot bootloader
- As this is an A-only device, the TWRP needs to be flashed on the recovery partition. So, execute one of the following command as per the requirement:
Execute below command to flash the TWRP permanently:
fastboot flash recovery twrp-3.4.x-xx.img
Execute below command to boot the TWRP temporarily:
fastboot boot recovery twrp-3.4.x-xx.img
- Wait for the fastboot command to finish installing the TWRP on Redmi 4A.
That’s all on installing TWRP on Redmi 4A. For some reason, if it fails, you can login and reply below so that I can try to help you troubleshoot the issue.
After installing TWRP on Redmi 4A
You can do many things after installing TWRP on Redmi 4A. Below are few such examples:
- You can enable Root on Redmi 4A
- You can install one of the custom ROMs available for Redmi 4A
- You can install some of the mods, magisk modules, etc.
Add-on links for Redmi 4A
Following are some extra resources for Redmi 4A which you may be interested in:
– LineageOS 17.1 for Redmi 4A
– GCam for Redmi 4A