A working build of TWRP for Redmi 9 is now available to download. This is a step-by-step guide that explains how to install TWRP on Redmi 9.
This Redmi 9 TWRP is brought to you by an unknown developer.
DONATION TO DEVELOPER(S) AND TWRP PROJECT:
If you like the work the developer(s) then do consider for a contribution to TWRP project:
– Donate to dees_troy TWRP’s Lead developer
About this TWRP for Redmi 9
– TWRP version: 3.4.1
– Device Codename: Lancelot
– Supported Android Version: Android 11
What’s Not Working?
Where to download TWRP for Redmi 9?
How to Install TWRP on Redmi 9?
Installing TWRP on the phone requires an unlock bootloader. So, I have divided this whole guide into two parts as below:
- Bootloader Unlock – How to Unlock Bootloader of Redmi 9
- Flashing the TWRP
Flashing or Booting the TWRP
- Download the TWRP recovery for Redmi 9.
- Download and Install the ADB and Fastboot utilities.
- Then connect the phone to the PC using a USB cable.
- On the computer, open a command prompt (on Windows) or terminal (on Linux or macOS) window, and execute the below command to restart your phone into fastboot mode or bootloader mode:
adb reboot bootloader
- As this is an A-only device, the TWRP needs to be flashed on the recovery partition. So, execute one of the following command as per the requirement:
Execute below command to flash the TWRP permanently:
fastboot flash recovery twrp-3.4.x-xx.img
Execute below command to boot the TWRP temporarily:
fastboot boot recovery twrp-3.4.x-xx.img
- Wait for the fastboot command to finish installing the TWRP on Redmi 9.
That’s all on installing TWRP on Redmi 9. For some reason, if it fails, you can login and reply below so that I can try to help you troubleshoot the issue.
After installing TWRP on Redmi 9
You can do many things after installing TWRP on Redmi 9. Below are few such examples:
- You can enable Root on Redmi 9
- You can install one of the custom ROMs available for Redmi 9
- You can install some of the mods, magisk modules, etc.
Add-on links for Redmi 9
Following are some extra resources for Redmi 9 which you may be interested in:
– LineageOS 17.1 for Redmi 9
– GCam for Redmi 9