If you are the owner of the Realme C2 smartphone and are looking for a guide on how to root it then, you are at the right place. In this post, we will guide you on how to install TWRP recovery and root the Realme C2 smartphone. This guide will be a detailed one via which you will understand all the important points as well as the steps to root your Realme C2 device. Moreover, the Realme C2 is one of the best options if you are looking for an entry-level or budget device. Also, the Realme C2 sports the waterdrop notch along with the dual-camera setup at the back which is pretty nice considering the price at which it is launched.
Besides, if you are a regular at rooting your device, you might know the drill that we first unlock the bootloader of the device, and then install the TWRP recovery and then root it. Besides, after you are done unlocking the bootloader of your device, you can go ahead with the installation the latest version of the Magisk on the Realme C2 for root access. We will give you the link to all the downloads required for this guide for rooting the Realme C2. Note that this guide is only for the Realme C2 smartphone and we would not recommend you to perform the steps mentioned in this post for any other device.
So, without any further ado, let us get straight into the article itself;
How to Install TWRP Recovery and Root the Realme C2
Before heading to the instructions, please take a look at the list below;
- This guide is only for the Realme C2 smartphone. So, it should not be attempted on any other device.
- Make sure to charge your device at least 60%.
- More importantly, please make a complete backup of the device storage and all the files in your device before rooting your device.
- Make sure you have unlocked the bootloader. You can check out our guide on How to unlock the bootloader of Realme C2 by clicking the link below;
|How To Unlock the Bootloader of Realme C2|
What is TWRP?
Team Win Recovery Project (TWRP) is an open-source software custom recovery image for Android-based devices. It provides a touchscreen-enabled interface that allows users to install third-party firmware and back up the current system which is functions often unsupported by stock recovery images. It is, therefore, often installed when flashing, installing, or rooting Android devices, although it isn’t dependent on a device being rooted prior to installation.
- Backups of partitions in TAR or raw Image format
- Restore backups from internal storage, external SD storage or OTG devices
- Custom Firmware installation
- Partition wiping
- File deletion
- Terminal access
- ADB Root Shell
- Theme Support
- Possible decryption support depending on the device
Advantages of TWRP
- You can install custom ROMs like LineageOS, Resurrection Remix, etc.
- Moreover, you can also root your device by flashing the SuperSu zip file.
- You can take Android backup of your device very easily.
- You can install MODs easily.
Disadvantages of TWRP
- You will lose the warranty of your device forever.
- Also, you might get a boot loop or permanent damage while installing any custom ROMs.
- You can brick your device if you do not pay attention while flashing any ROMs.
- Moreover, you will not receive the official OTA Updates from Company.
Steps To Install TWRP Recovery on Realme C2
First of all, make sure that you have unlocked the bootloader of the Realme C2 by following the guide on our website. The link to the unlock bootloader guide is given above. Once that is done, you can follow the below guide to install the TWRP recovery and root the Realme C2;
- Download the TWRP recovery from the above download section for the Realme C2.
- Then, you need to enable the Developer Options on your device.
- To do this, go to Settings>>About Phone>>tap on the Build Number 7 times till you see a toast message “You are now a developer”.
- Under the Developer Options, you need to enable the USB Debugging option. To do that again head to the Settings>>Developer Options>>enable USB Debugging.
- Now enter the following command and hit Enter:
adb reboot bootloader
- Now enter the following command to flash TWRP recovery image and hit Enter:
fastboot flash recovery twrp-3.3.1-1-RMX1851.img
- Once the TWRP Recovery is flashed on your device, enter the below command to reboot your device;
- That’s It! You have successfully flashed the TWRP recovery on your Realme C2.
What is Root?
Rooting any device gives the users the privilege controls or the developer controls and totally unlocks your device so that you can manipulate all the settings, even the finest ones on your device. Rooting gives your device the administrative privileges or permission to overcome the limitation your OEM might have put on your device or your carrier. Some, of the mod applications or the specialized apps, require some special permission which is not possible with a device that does not have root. But, if you have gained root access to your device then, you can install such apps and extend the features of your device.
Devices are locked by the OEMs so that, the user by mistake or by will, do not uninstall the files that are required by the smartphone to operate seamlessly. However, there are times when the true potential of the device is also locked.
Advantages of Root
Moreover, you can do the following, if you root your device;
- Install a custom ROMs like (Lineage OS)
- Remove preinstalled bloatware.
- Block Ads in any apps.
- Install incompatible Apps and modded applications.
- Keep up to date with the latest Android OS.
- Change Skin for your Android.
- Boost your Android device’s speed and battery life.
- Make complete backups of your smartphone.
Disadvantages of Root
- Rooting can brick your smartphone or cause permanent damage if not done properly.
- You straight away void the warranty of your smartphone.
- You will no longer receive the stable and official OTA updates from your OEMs.
Steps To Root Realme C2
- Download the latest Magisk v19.3 from the download section above.
- You need to copy the Magisk to the internal storage or SD card’s root location.
- Turn ON your device and connect it to the PC using a USB cable.
- Go the folder where you have extracted the ADB and Fastboot tools.zip contents and open the command prompt in that folder by holding the shift button and right-click button.
- Enter the below command to boot into the recovery mode;
adb reboot recovery
- Now, open TWRP. Once you are in TWRP make sure to take a NANDroid backup;
- To do this, go to Backup and select all the partitions.
- Swipe at the bottom to begin the backup process.
- Then, to root your Realme C2, select the Install button from the TWRP main menu.
- Navigate and locate the Magisk file stored in your internal/external memory and select it.
- Swipe at the bottom of the TWRP menu to flash it on your device.
- Once the flashing is done, tap on the Reboot System button at the bottom.
- Now, you can install the Magisk Manager APK on your device to manage the root on your device.
- That’s it!
You can now go ahead and install various MODs, custom ROMs or modify the firmware of your device.
So, there you have it from my side in this post. Hope you have followed the above-mentioned steps carefully and successfully installed TWRP and rooted your Realme C2. Note that this is method is only for the Realme C2 smartphone. Please let us know in the comments section below if you have faced any issues while following the above-mentioned steps and also do report if you come across any link failure as well.
Moreover, the rooting and installation of TWRP give you the freedom to install the custom ROMs like Lineage OS which is one of the most popular custom ROMs out there and moreover, you can unlock the true potential of the Realme C2 device by rooting and flashing the TWRP. Until the next post…Cheers!