A working build of TWRP for Poco M2 Pro is now available to download. This is a step-by-step guide that explains how to install TWRP on Poco M2 Pro.
This Poco M2 Pro TWRP is brought to you by an unknown developer.
DONATION TO DEVELOPER(S) AND TWRP PROJECT:
If you like the work the developer(s) then do consider for a contribution to TWRP project:
– Donate to dees_troy TWRP’s Lead developer
Installing TWRP recovery on Poco M2 Pro requires an unlock bootloader, which may void the warranty and delete all data on your phone. Make sure you back up important data.
You are the only person making changes to your phone and I cannot be held responsible for the mistakes done by you. So, flash at your own risk!
About this TWRP for Poco M2 Pro
– TWRP version: 3.4.0-11
– Device Codename: gram
– Supported Android Version: Android 11
What’s Not Working?
Where to download TWRP for Poco M2 Pro?
- Poco M2 Pro, USB cable and a Windows, or Linux or MAC with ADB and fastboot installed on it.
- TWRP for Poco M2 Pro – Download
- ADB and Fastboot utility.- 15 Seconds ADB Installer for Windows
– Minimal ADB and Fastboot for Windows
– ADB Fastboot for Linux and MAC
- Unlocked bootloader on Poco M2 Pro
How to Install TWRP on Poco M2 Pro?
Installing TWRP on the phone requires an unlock bootloader. So, I have divided this whole guide into two parts as below:
- Bootloader Unlock – How to Unlock Bootloader of Poco M2 Pro
- Flashing the TWRP
Flashing or Booting the TWRP
- Download the TWRP recovery for Poco M2 Pro.
- Download and Install the ADB and Fastboot utilities.
- Then connect the phone to the PC using a USB cable.
– On your phone, if you see such as “Allow USB debugging” then just tap on OK to proceed.
- On the computer, open a command prompt (on Windows) or terminal (on Linux or macOS) window, and execute the below command to restart your phone into fastboot mode or bootloader mode:
adb reboot bootloader– You can also enter into fastboot or bootloader mode by turning off the phone and then pressing the Power button + Volume Down button.
- As this is an A-only device, the TWRP needs to be flashed on the recovery partition. So, execute one of the following command as per the requirement:
Execute below command to flash the TWRP permanently:
fastboot flash recovery twrp-3.4.x-xx.img
Execute below command to boot the TWRP temporarily:
fastboot boot recovery twrp-3.4.x-xx.imgWhile executing this command make sure to replace the twrp-3.4.x-xx.img with the actual filename of the TWRP.
- Wait for the fastboot command to finish installing the TWRP on Poco M2 Pro.
That’s all on installing TWRP on Poco M2 Pro. For some reason, if it fails, you can login and reply below so that I can try to help you troubleshoot the issue.
After installing TWRP on Poco M2 Pro
You can do many things after installing TWRP on Poco M2 Pro. Below are few such examples:
- You can enable Root on Poco M2 Pro
- You can install one of the custom ROMs available for Poco M2 Pro
- You can install some of the mods, magisk modules, etc.
Add-on links for Poco M2 Pro
Following are some extra resources for Poco M2 Pro which you may be interested in:
– LineageOS 17.1 for Poco M2 Pro
– GCam for Poco M2 Pro