This post was last updated on November 26th, 2018 at 05:14 pm
TWRP Recovery for Mi A2 (jasmine) is now available to download. This post guides how to download and install TWRP on Mi A2 and also guides how to ROOT Mi A2 (using TWRP recovery).
This TWRP download for Mi A2 is brought to you by developer(s) TingyiChen
DONATION TO DEVELOPER(S) AND PROJECT:
If you like this ROM then do consider for a contribution to TingyiChen and TWRP project:
– Donate to TingyiChen
– Donate to TWRP’s Lead developer
THIS IS AN INITIAL UNOFFICIAL TWRP FOR Mi A2. FLASH AT YOUR OWN RISK
INSTALLING THE TWRP FOR Mi A2 NEEDS AN UNLOCK BOOTLOADER ON Mi A2
DURING THE BOOTLOADER UNLOCK PROCESS ALL THE PHONE DATA WILL BE ERASED.
You are the only person making changes to your phone and I cannot be held responsible for the mistakes done by you.
INFORMATION OF THIS TWRP FOR Mi A2:
– TWRP version: 3.2.3.xx
– Built from – OmniROM AOSP source
DOWNLOAD LINK OF TWRP FOR Mi A2, OTHER DOWNLOADS AND REQUIRED GUIDES:
STEP BY STEP GUIDE OF HOW TO DOWNLOAD AND INSTALL TWRP FOR Mi A2:
- Connect the Mi A2 to the PC using the USB cable and install required USB driver
- Install ADB and fastboot utility on Windows PC or Linux or MAC as per the PC you have
- Reboot the Mi A2 into bootloader mode and Unlock bootloader of Mi A2
- Then, on your PC, go to the directory where you have downloaded the TWRP for Mi A2 and then open the command console or terminal on this directory on your PC.
– To open a command window on Windows OS in the current directory, press shift + Right Click anywhere on Windows explorer, or some folder.
– Then on the menu opened, just press the “w” key on the keyboard or select “Open command window here” to open a command window.
- Now connect your phone to the PC using a USB cable, if not connected yet.
- Enter the following command on the opened command window:
adb reboot bootloader
to put your phone into bootloader mode where you can flash/install TWRP for Mi A2.
If your phone asks for permission; such as “Allow USB debugging” then just tap on OK to proceed.
- Now when your phone is on the bootloader mode just execute the following command on the console:
fastboot flash recovery twrp-3.2.x.x-xxx.img
While executing this command make sure to replace the twrp-3.2.x.x-xxx.img with the actual filename of the TWRP for Mi A2
- Wait for the fastboot command to install the TWRP for Mi A2.
Once it is done, execute the below command:
fastboot reboot recovery
on the command console to start the phone in TWRP recovery.
IT IS IMPORTANT THAT YOU REBOOT INTO RECOVERY AND DISABLE FORCE ENCRYPTION BEFORE BOOTING INTO SYSTEM OR STARTING THE PHONE. IF NOT DONE THE TWRP WILL BE REPLACED BY STOCK RECOVERY.
- From TWRP, disable encryption and flash the Disable Force Encryption zip file
– Format data partition from TWRP to disable Encryption to be able to use the data partition.
– Then you flash the Disable Force Encryption zip file so that the system will not encrypt it again.
That’s all. You should have the TWRP installed on your Mi A2.
You may now want to ROOT Mi A2 or may want to install some custom ROM or want to explore what else can you do with this TWRP? Head over to the following section to know more.
What to do after you install TWRP for Mi A2:
- You can enable Mi A2 ROOT access
- You can install one of the custom ROMs available for Mi A2
- You can install some of the mods available for Mi A2
Well, this isn’t it. You can install customized themes, sound mods, Xposed modules etc. after installing the TWRP for Mi A2.
TWRP recovery is the gateway to many goodies for your phone.
Now, if you want to ROOT Mi A2 then below is a step-by-step by guide for the same.
REQUIRED DOWNLOADS OR LINKS FOR Mi A2 ROOT GUIDE:
Make sure you have already unlocked the bootloader and installed TWRP for Mi A2
– Well, this is a very important aspect to enable ROOT for Mi A2. The SuperSU zip file is developed in a way to be installed via a TWRP recovery or other custom recovery. Stock recovery may not be able install this SuperSU or Magisk ROOT on Mi A2.
- The Mi A2 will not be rooted just by installing the SuperSU APK file on your Android phone.
- SuperSU APK Free or Pro version is just a SuperSU ROOT management application.
- The SuperSU APK Free or Pro app will ONLY work if you have already ROOTED your Android Phone.