TWRP Recovery for Mi A2 (jasmine) is now available to download. This post guides how to download and install TWRP on Mi A2 and also guides how to ROOT Mi A2 (using TWRP recovery).
This TWRP download for Mi A2 is brought to you by developer(s) TingyiChen
DONATION TO DEVELOPER(S) AND PROJECT:
You are the only person making changes to your phone and I cannot be held responsible for the mistakes done by you.
INFORMATION OF THIS TWRP FOR Mi A2:
– TWRP version: 3.2.3.xx
– Built from – OmniROM AOSP source
DOWNLOAD LINK OF TWRP FOR Mi A2, OTHER DOWNLOADS AND REQUIRED GUIDES:
- Mi A2 Phone, USB cable and a Windows, or Linux or MAC PC with ADB and fastboot installed on it.
- ADB and Fastboot utility.
Below are the download links and guides to install:
– 15 seconds adb installer for Windows
– minimal adb fastboot for Windows
– How to install ADB and fastboot on Linux
– How to install ADB and fastboot on MAC
- Ulocked bootloader on the Mi A2
- USB drivers
- TWRP download for Mi A2
- Force Encryption disabler download
STEP BY STEP GUIDE OF HOW TO DOWNLOAD AND INSTALL TWRP FOR Mi A2:
- Connect the Mi A2 to the PC using the USB cable and install required USB driver
- Install the 15 seconds adb installer and the minimal adb and fastboot for Windows or Linux or MAC as per the PC you have
- Reboot the Mi A2 into bootloader mode and Unlock bootloader of Mi A2
- Then, on your PC, go to the directory where you have downloaded the TWRP for Mi A2 and then open the command console or terminal on this directory on your PC.
- Now connect your phone to the PC using a USB cable, if not connected yet.
- Enter the following command on the opened command window:
adb reboot bootloader
to put your phone into bootloader mode where you can flash/install TWRP for Mi A2.
- Now when your phone is on the bootloader mode just execute the following command on the console:
fastboot flash recovery twrp-3.2.x.x-xxx.img
- Wait for the fastboot command to install the TWRP for Mi A2.
Once it is done, execute the below command:
fastboot reboot recovery
on the command console to start the phone in TWRP recovery.
- From TWRP, disable encryption and flash the Disable Force Encryption zip file
You may now want to ROOT Mi A2 or may want to install some custom ROM or want to explore what else can you do with this TWRP? Head over to the following section to know more.
What to do after you install TWRP for Mi A2:
- You can enable Mi A2 ROOT access
- You can install one of the custom ROMs available for Mi A2
- You can install some of the mods available for Mi A2
Well, this isn’t it. You can install customized themes, sound mods, Xposed modules etc. after installing the TWRP for Mi A2.
TWRP recovery is the gateway to many goodies for your phone.
Now, if you want to ROOT Mi A2 then below is a step-by-step by guide for the same.
REQUIRED DOWNLOADS OR LINKS FOR Mi A2 ROOT GUIDE:
Download the latest SuprSU or Magisk ROOT for Mi A2 or one of the following:
- SuperSU download link:
- Download link to Magisk ROOT zip file
- DM Verity disabler download
- The Mi A2 will not be rooted just by installing the SuperSU APK file on your Android phone.
- SuperSU APK Free or Pro version is just a SuperSU ROOT management application.
- The SuperSU APK Free or Pro app will ONLY work if you have already ROOTED your Android Phone.