Table of Contents
A working build of TWRP for Pixel 4 is now available to download. This is a step-by-step guide that explains how to install TWRP on Pixel 4.
This Pixel 4 TWRP is brought to you by developer bigbiff.
DONATION TO DEVELOPER(S) AND TWRP PROJECT:
Installing TWRP recovery on Pixel 4 requires an unlock bootloader, which may void the warranty and delete all data on your phone. Make sure you back up important data.
You are the only person making changes to your phone and I cannot be held responsible for the mistakes done by you. So, flash at your own risk!
About this TWRP for Pixel 4
– TWRP version: 3.4.0-0
– Device Codename: Flame
– Supported Android Version: Android 10
– Build date: 6th June 2020
What’s Not Working?
Where to download TWRP for Pixel 4?
- Pixel 4, USB cable and a Windows, or Linux or MAC with ADB and fastboot installed on it.
- TWRP for Pixel 4 (codename: Flame)
- ADB and Fastboot utility.- 15 Seconds ADB Installer for Windows
– Minimal ADB and Fastboot for Windows
– ADB Fastboot for Linux and MAC
- Unlocked bootloader on Pixel 4
How to Install TWRP on Pixel 4?
Installing TWRP on the phone requires an unlock bootloader. So, I have divided this whole guide into two parts as below:
- Bootloader Unlock
- Flashing the TWRP
Unlocking the Bootloader
Flashing or Booting the TWRP
- Download the TWRP recovery for Pixel 4.
- Download and Install the ADB and Fastboot utilities.
- Then connect the phone to the PC using a USB cable.
– On your phone, if you see such as “Allow USB debugging” then just tap on OK to proceed.
- On the computer, open a command prompt (on Windows) or terminal (on Linux or macOS) window, and execute the below command to restart your phone into fastboot mode or bootloader mode:
adb reboot bootloader– You can also enter into fastboot or bootloader mode by turning off the phone and then pressing the Power button + Volume Down button.
- As this is A/B device, the TWRP needs to be flashed on the boot partition. So, execute one of the following commands as per the requirement:
Execute below command to flash the TWRP permanently:
fastboot flash boot twrp-3.4.x-xx.img
Execute below command to boot the TWRP temporarily:
fastboot boot boot twrp-3.4.x-xx.imgWhile executing this command make sure to replace the twrp-3.4.x-xx.img with the actual filename of the TWRP.
- Wait for the fastboot command to finish installing the TWRP on Pixel 4.
That’s all about installing TWRP on Pixel 4. For some reason, if it fails, you can login and reply below so that I can try to help you troubleshoot the issue.
After installing TWRP on Pixel 4
You can do many things after installing TWRP on Pixel 4. Below are few such examples:
- You can enable Root on Pixel 4
- You can install one of the custom ROMs available for Pixel 4
- You can install some of the mods, magisk modules, etc.
Following are some extra resources for Pixel 4 which you may be interested in:
– LineageOS 17.1 for Pixel 4
– GCam for Pixel 4