A working build of TWRP for Pixel 4 is now available to download. This is a step-by-step guide that explains how to install TWRP on Pixel 4.
This Pixel 4 TWRP is brought to you by developer bigbiff.
DONATION TO DEVELOPER(S) AND TWRP PROJECT:
About this TWRP for Pixel 4
– TWRP version: 3.4.0-0
– Device Codename: Flame
– Supported Android Version: Android 10
What’s Not Working?
Where to download TWRP for Pixel 4?
How to Install TWRP on Pixel 4?
Installing TWRP on the phone requires an unlock bootloader. So, I have divided this whole guide into two parts as below:
- Bootloader Unlock
- Flashing the TWRP
Unlocking the Bootloader
Flashing or Booting the TWRP
- Download the TWRP recovery for Pixel 4.
- Download and Install the ADB and Fastboot utilities.
- Then connect the phone to the PC using a USB cable.
- On the computer, open a command prompt (on Windows) or terminal (on Linux or macOS) window, and execute the below command to restart your phone into fastboot mode or bootloader mode:
adb reboot bootloader
- As this is A/B device, the TWRP needs to be flashed on the boot partition. So, execute one of the following commands as per the requirement:
Execute below command to flash the TWRP permanently:
fastboot flash boot twrp-3.4.x-xx.img
Execute below command to boot the TWRP temporarily:
fastboot boot boot twrp-3.4.x-xx.img
- Wait for the fastboot command to finish installing the TWRP on Pixel 4.
That’s all about installing TWRP on Pixel 4. For some reason, if it fails, you can login and reply below so that I can try to help you troubleshoot the issue.
After installing TWRP on Pixel 4
You can do many things after installing TWRP on Pixel 4. Below are few such examples:
- You can enable Root on Pixel 4
- You can install one of the custom ROMs available for Pixel 4
- You can install some of the mods, magisk modules, etc.
Add-on links for Pixel 4
Following are some extra resources for Pixel 4 which you may be interested in:
– LineageOS 17.1 for Pixel 4
– GCam for Pixel 4