Android 11 stable is released but there would be no Android 11 update for Zenfone Max Pro M1 officially. What if I say you can still update your phone to Android 11?
Well, that’s true and StatiXOS 4.0 has brought Android 11 for Zenfone Max Pro M1.
About StatiXOS 4.0
StatiXOS is a custom ROM based on the Android Open Source Project aiming to be minimal while providing quality of life improvements and up to date security patches.
Having this objective, StatiXOS is popular among a very few devices. StatiXOS 4.0 is the latest build based on stock Android 11.
Donation to Developer(s)
- No donation link found for the developers
Other Requirements to Install StatiXOS 4.0 on Zenfone Max Pro M1
To be able to install any Android 11 ROM build on the phone, it must have an unlocked bootloader and a compatible custom recovery installed.
So, to make it easier for you, we have included appropriate guides on how to unlock bootloader and install recovery in the below sections.
In addition, the custom ROMs usually lack any Google Apps like: Google Play, Google Maps, etc. out of the box. So, the post-installation requirement is, GApps for Android 11.
Zenfone Max Pro M1 StatiXOS 4.0 Build Info (latest build)
I have verified the build for its legitimacy by extracting the system image. Below are the data what I have got, which clearly represents this to be a valid build of RevengeOS 4.0 for Zenfone Max Pro M1:
ro.build.date=Tue Sep 15 18:43:34 UTC 2020
- Not known
How to Update Zenfone Max Pro M1 to StatiXOS 4.0 (Android 11)?
Installing StatiXOS 4.0 requires an unlocked bootloader and a custom recovery installed on the phone. This is the reason the entire installation guide is divided into three parts as below:
- Unlocking bootloader on the phone
- Installing Custom Recovery on the phone
- Installing the StatiXOS 4.0 ROM on the phone
Unlock Bootloader on Zenfone Max Pro M1
Zenfone Max Pro M1 bootloader unlock guide. A step-by-step guide that explains how to unlock bootloader of Zenfone Max Pro M1.
Install custom recovery on Zenfone Max Pro M1
Custom recoveries are needed to flash any of these Android custom ROMs on Zenfone Max Pro M1. Below is a list of step-by step guides that explains how to install a custom recovery such as TWRP or OrangeFox recovery on Zenfone Max Pro M1.
- How to Install TWRP in Zenfone Max Pro M1 – [button anchor=”Download” url=”https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=1899786940962576947″ size=”medium” style=”default” color=”primary”]
Install StatiXOS 4.0 on Zenfone Max Pro M1
- Download the StatiXOS 4.0 ROM for Zenfone Max Pro M1 and copy it into the phone or keep in the PC if you intend to install using ADB sideload.
- Enter into recovery and Wipe data, Cache, System and clean Dalvik cache.
– Make sure you don’t wipe or format Internal memory here. Otherwise you will lose all your phone data!
- Install StatiXOS 4.0 using TWRP recovery or any custom recovery of your choice
ADB Sideload the StatiXOS 4.0 ROM zip file.
- Install Android 11 GApps using TWRP
- Once done, reboot the phone to boot into StatiXOS 4.0 on Zenfone Max Pro M1 which is based on Android 11.
Well, after installing the StatiXOS 4.0 and GApps zip file you are done with the installation process. But, there are few add-on packages that you can install to unleash the real capabilities of your phone!
Below are some of the extra little things which you can install on top of the StatiXOS 4.0 ROM on your Zenfone Max Pro M1.
Google Camera or shortened as GCam, usually brings better images on your existing camera setup.
– Download Google Camera for Zenfone Max Pro M1
Also, visit the Zenfone Max Pro M1 (X00T) page to get other StatiXOS 4.0 ROMs, LineageOS 18, or other device specific topics.