Chinese smartphone giant, Xiaomi has recently launched the new Xiaomi Mi A3 smartphone here in India. The device is a powerful mid-range segment smartphone and packs in quite some exciting new features and enhancements. For instance, you get the triple camera setup at the back of the phone along with the latest Sony 48MP sensor. In this post, we will guide you on how to root Xiaomi Mi A3 using Magisk. This guide will be a detailed one via which you will understand all the important points as well as the steps to root your Xiaomi Mi A3. Moreover, the Xiaomi Mi A3 also features the AMOLED display that is super vibrant.
If you are a regular at rooting your device, you might know the drill that we first unlock the bootloader of the device and then root it. Besides, after you are done unlocking the bootloader of your device, you can go ahead and install the latest version of the Magisk on the Xiaomi Mi A3 for root access. We will give you the link to all the downloads required for this guide for rooting the Xiaomi Mi A3. So, without any further ado, let us get straight into the article itself;
Quick Specs Review of Xiaomi Mi A3
The Xiaomi Mi A3 is recently released in India on August 2019. This device is a mid-range smartphone that packs in some decent specs for the users. It is powered by the Qualcomm Snapdragon 665 11nm processor which is paired with 4GB/6GB of RAM and coupled with Adreno 610 GPU for powerful gaming performance. The device has a massive battery capacity of 4030 mAh. Moreover, you get the option to choose between two storage i.e. 64GB/128GB. The device also has the dedicated expandable storage slot option via which you can expand the storage up to 256GB. In the display department, you get a 6.01-inch Super AMOLED capacitive touchscreen display with a resolution of 720×1560 pixels with 286 PPI.
The phone runs on Android 9 Pie out of the box and is based on the Android One program and will be among the first devices to receive the Android Q update. Moreover, in the camera department, you get a triple-camera setup with the latest Sony 48MP sensor (f/1.8), an 8MP ultra-wide sensor and 2MP depth sensor as well. The camera features HDR, LED Flash and panorama, etc. In the front, you get a single selfie camera which is housed u-shaped notch that sports a 32MP shooter with an f/2.0 aperture. Another, nice feature that you get with the device is the under-display fingerprint scanner.
How To Root Xiaomi Mi A3 using Magisk
What is Root?
Rooting any device gives the users the privilege controls or the developer controls and totally unlocks your device so that you can manipulate all the settings, even the finest ones on your device. Rooting gives your device the administrative privileges or permission to overcome the limitation your OEM might have put on your device or your carrier. Some, of the mod applications or the specialized apps, require some special permission which is not possible with a device that does not have root. But, if you have gained root access to your device then, you can install such apps and extend the features of your device.
Devices are locked by the OEMs so that, the user by mistake or by will, do not uninstall the files that are required by the smartphone to operate seamlessly. However, there are times when the true potential of the device is also locked.
Advantages of Root
Moreover, you can do the following, if you root your device;
- Install a custom ROMs like (Lineage OS)
- Remove preinstalled bloatware.
- Block Ads in any apps.
- Install incompatible Apps and modded applications.
- Keep up to date with the latest Android OS.
- Change Skin for your Android.
- Boost your Android device’s speed and battery life.
- Make complete backups of your smartphone.
Disadvantages of Root
- Rooting can brick your smartphone or cause permanent damage if not done properly.
- You straight away void the warranty of your smartphone.
- You will no longer receive the stable and official OTA updates from your OEMs.
Before heading to the instructions, please take a look at the list below;
- This guide is only for the Xiaomi Mi A3 smartphone. So, it should not be attempted on any other device.
- Make sure to charge your device at least 60%.
- More importantly, please make a complete backup of the device storage and all the files in your device before rooting your device.
- Make sure you have unlocked the bootloader. You can check out our guide on How to unlock the bootloader of Xiaomi Mi A3 by clicking the link below;
|How To Unlock Bootloader of Xiaomi Mi A3|
Steps To Root Xiaomi Mi A3
- Firstly, download the stock boot image from the download section above.
- Copy this downloaded boot image to your phone’s internal or external memory.
- Download the latest Magisk Manager from the download section above and install it on your phone.
- Now, open Magisk manager and perform the following operations;
- Press the Install button.
- Tap the Install button again.
- Select Patch a file.
- Browse the location where you have copied the stock boot image and select it.
- After this the Magisk manager will patch the boot image and store it in the below location of your internal memory;
- Now, copy the patched boot image file from your device to your PC.
- Then, download ADB and Fastboot tools from the download section.
- Copy the patched boot image into the same folder where you have extracted the contents of the ADB and Fastboot tools.
- If you can’t find it via MTP, you can pull the file with ADB by using the below command;
adb pull /sdcard/Download/magisk_patched.img
- Uninstall the Magisk Manager application from your device.
- Connect your device to your PC via USB.
- Now, you need to flash the patched boot image to your phone by running the below commands one-by-one.
- Type the below command to enter the bootloader mode, and press Enter;
adb reboot bootloader
- Then, enter;
fastboot flash boot magisk_patched.img
- Now, this command is very important and make sure that you enter “continue” instead of “reboot”. Enter this command;
- Your device will reboot now and you can now install the Magisk Manager.
- That’s it! You have successfully rooted your Xiaomi Mi A3 smartphone.
Source: Xda developers
You can now go ahead and install various MODs, custom ROMs or modify the firmware of your Xiaomi Mi A3.
So, there you have it from my side in this post. Hope you have followed the above-mentioned steps carefully and successfully installed TWRP and rooted your Xiaomi Mi A3 device. Note that this is method is only for the Xiaomi Mi A3 smartphone. Please let us know in the comments section below if you have faced any issues while following the above-mentioned steps and also do report if you come across any link failure as well.
Moreover, the rooting and installation of TWRP give you the freedom to install the custom ROMs like Lineage OS which is one of the most popular custom ROMs out there and moreover, you can unlock the true potential of the Xiaomi Mi A3 device by rooting and flashing the TWRP. Until the next post…Cheers!