Table of Contents
Are you looking for a guide on how to root your Samsung Galaxy M30 smartphone then, you are at the right place. In this post, we will guide you on how to install TWRP and root the Samsung Galaxy M30 with Magisk. This guide will be a detailed one via which you will understand all the important points as well as the steps to root your Samsung Galaxy M30 device. Moreover, the Samsung Galaxy M30 is a budget smartphone that packs in some decent specs for the price point. Samsung introduced a new series of smartphones which they called the M-series and included a new range of smartphones. You get a full-screen display along with a water-drop style notch and also sports the triple cameras setup at the back.
If you are a regular at rooting your device, you might know the drill that we first unlock the bootloader of the device, and then root it. Besides, after you are done unlocking the bootloader of your device, then we flash any custom recovery like the TWRP in our case. Afterward, you can go ahead with the installation the latest version of the Magisk on the Samsung Galaxy M30 for root access. We will give you the link to all the downloads required for this guide for rooting the Galaxy M30. Note that this guide is only for the Samsung Galaxy M30 smartphone and we would not recommend you to perform the steps mentioned in this post for any other device.
So, without any further ado, let us get straight into the article itself;
Quick Specs Review of Samsung Galaxy M30
The Samsung Galaxy M30 was released in India on March 2019. This device is a mid-range smartphone that packs in some decent specs for the users. It is powered by the Exynos 7904, 14nm processor which is paired with 4GB/6GB of RAM and coupled with Mali-G71 GPU for powerful performance. The device has a battery capacity of a massive 5000 mAh with fast charging support of up to 15W. Moreover, you get the option of two storage capacity i.e. 64GB/128GB. The device also has the dedicated expandable storage slot via which you can expand the storage to up to 512GB. In the display department, you get a 6.4-inch Super AMOLED capacitive touchscreen display with a resolution of 1080×2340 pixels with 403 PPI.
The phone runs on Android 9 Pie out of the box and has the latest Samsungs skin, One UI. Moreover, in the camera department, you get a triple-camera set up with the 13MP sensor (f/1.9), a 5MP ultra-wide sensor and 5MP depth sensor for capturing Portrait images. The camera features HDR, LED Flash and panorama, etc. In the front, you get the 16MP shooter with f/2.0 aperture. Another, nice feature that you get with the device is the rear-mounted fingerprint scanner.
How To Install TWRP and Root Samsung Galaxy M30 with Magisk
Before heading to the instructions, please take a look at the list below;
- This guide is only for the Samsung Galaxy M30 smartphone. So, it should not be attempted on any other device.
- Make sure to charge your device at least 60%.
- More importantly, please make a complete backup of the device storage and all the files in your device before rooting your device.
- Make sure you have unlocked the bootloader. You can check out our guide on How to unlock the bootloader of Samsung Galaxy M30 by clicking the link below;
|How to Unlock the Bootloader of Samsung Galaxy M30|
What is TWRP?
Team Win Recovery Project (TWRP) is an open-source software custom recovery image for Android-based devices. It provides a touchscreen-enabled interface that allows users to install third-party firmware and back up the current system which is functions often unsupported by stock recovery images. It is, therefore, often installed when flashing, installing, or rooting Android devices, although it isn’t dependent on a device being rooted prior to installation.
- Backups of partitions in TAR or raw Image format
- Restore backups from internal storage, external SD storage or OTG devices
- Custom Firmware installation
- Partition wiping
- File deletion
- Terminal access
- ADB Root Shell
- Theme Support
- Possible decryption support depending on the device
Advantages of TWRP
- You can install custom ROMs like LineageOS, Resurrection Remix, etc.
- Moreover, you can also root your device by flashing the SuperSu zip file.
- You can take Android backup of your device very easily.
- You can install MODs easily.
Disadvantages of TWRP
- You will lose the warranty of your device forever.
- Also, you might get a boot loop or permanent damage while installing any custom ROMs.
- You can brick your device if you do not pay attention while flashing any ROMs.
- Moreover, you will not receive the official OTA Updates from Company.
Steps To Install TWRP Recovery on Samsung Galaxy M30
- Firstly, you need to enable the Developer Options on your device.
- To do this, go to Settings>>About Phone>>tap on the Build Number 7 times till you see a toast message “You are now a developer”.
- Under the Developer Options, you need to enable the USB Debugging option. To do that again head to the Settings>>Developer Options>>enable USB Debugging.
- Download ODIN tool and TWRP recovery file from the download section above.
- Extract the contents of the ODIN tool and run ODIN.exe file.
- Now, you need to boot your device into the download mode
- To do that, turn OFF your device.
- Turn ON the device by pressing the Volume Down + Power button together.
- Then, you need to connect the Galaxy M30 to the PC using a USB cable.
- When you are connected to the PC via the USB cable, you will see a blue sign on the Odin Tool.
- Now, you need to select the TWRP file and load it in the AP section of the Odin tool.
- Uncheck the Auto-reboot option.
- Press the Start button to start the flashing of TWRP on your device.
- After the installation is complete, press Volume Down + Power button together and when the screen goes off, immediately long press Volume Up + Power button to boot into TWRP Recovery.
- In the TWRP menu click on “Keep“.
- Now, select wipe and format option>>Format Data>>Yes
- Then, go back to TWRP menu and tap on reboot option and press “Recovery” to reboot TWRP.
- That’s It!
What is Root?
Rooting any device gives the users the privilege controls or the developer controls and totally unlocks your device so that you can manipulate all the settings, even the finest ones on your device. Rooting gives your device the administrative privileges or permission to overcome the limitation your OEM might have put on your device or your carrier. Some, of the mod applications or the specialized apps, require some special permission which is not possible with a device that does not have root. But, if you have gained root access to your device then, you can install such apps and extend the features of your device.
Devices are locked by the OEMs so that, the user by mistake or by will, do not uninstall the files that are required by the smartphone to operate seamlessly. However, there are times when the true potential of the device is also locked.
Advantages of Root
Moreover, you can do the following, if you root your device;
- Install a custom ROMs like (Lineage OS)
- Remove preinstalled bloatware.
- Block Ads in any apps.
- Install incompatible Apps and modded applications.
- Keep up to date with the latest Android OS.
- Change Skin for your Android.
- Boost your Android device’s speed and battery life.
- Make complete backups of your smartphone.
Disadvantages of Root
- Rooting can brick your smartphone or cause permanent damage if not done properly.
- You straight away void the warranty of your smartphone.
- You will no longer receive the stable and official OTA updates from your OEMs.
Steps to Root Samsung Galaxy M30
- Download the latest version of the Magisk Manager and the RMM bypass opt encrypt file from the download section above.
- Copy these files into any external storage like SD Card or USB Pen Drive.
- Install Magisk on your device.
- Select the “No Verify opt encrypt” file and swipe to install it on your Galaxy M30.
- Similarly, install the “RMM Bypass” file on your device.
- Once both the devices are flashed, now flash the Magisk.zip file.
- Reboot your device into systems using the TWRP options.
- Once you device is booted into system, select “Keep current settings” when it asks for primary SIM.
- Make sure to uncheck the “Sending of diagnostic data” during setup.
- Now, you can install the Magisk Manager APK on your device to mange the root on your device.
- That’s it!
You can now go ahead and install various MODs, custom ROMs or modify the firmware of your device.
So, there you have it from my side in this post. Hope you have followed the above-mentioned steps carefully and successfully installed TWRP and rooted your Samsung Galaxy M30. Note that this is method is only for the Galaxy M30 smartphone. Please let us know in the comments section below if you have faced any issues while following the above-mentioned steps and also do report if you come across any link failure as well.
Moreover, the rooting and installation of TWRP give you the freedom to install the custom ROMs like Lineage OS which is one of the most popular custom ROMs out there and moreover, you can unlock the true potential of the Samsung Galaxy M30 device by rooting and flashing the TWRP. Until the next post…Cheers!