RevengeOS 4.0 is released recently and the official update of the same for Lenovo Z6 Lite is far away. What if I will say we already have the RevengeOS 4.0 for Lenovo Z6 Lite? Yes, RevengeOS 4.0 which is based on RevengeOS 4.0, is now available for Lenovo Z6 Lite.
This is a step-by-step guide that explains how to install RevengeOS 4.0 on Lenovo Z6 Lite. This build is brought to you by developer GiaSen.
About RevengeOS 4.0
RevengeOS is a custom Android OS distribution project which is run by Dineshsuriya, Fabian Arlt, Giamma, Mendel E., Mohammed Tauseef, Nawab meeravali, Zhenxiang Chen, and chityanj.
We are dedicated to fast, stable and minimal customization rom, honesty and communication with our users, and openness with our code.
RevengeOS, having an objective as above, is quite a popular custom ROM for various devices. And, RevengeOS 4.0 is their new update on top of stock Android 11.
Donation to Developer(s)
Other Requirements to Install RevengeOs 4.0 on Lenovo Z6 Lite
To be able to install any Android 11 ROM build on the phone, it must have an unlocked bootloader and a compatible custom recovery installed.
So, to make it easier for you, we have included appropriate guides on how to unlock bootloader and install recovery in the below sections.
In addition, the custom ROMs usually lack any Google Apps like: Google Play, Google Maps, etc. out of the box. So, the post-installation requirement is, GApps for Android 11.
Lenovo Z6 Lite RevengeOS 4.0 Build Information (latest build)[Android 11] RevengeOS 4.0 for Lenovo Z6 Lite
ro.build.date=Sun Sep 20 19:13:01 CEST 2020
ro.build.description=revengeos_kunlun2-userdebug 11 RP1A.200720.009 6ae08e3143 release-keys
- Notification LED
- Brightness issue
- Might Not Stable because it is an initial build.
Note- Tell us in the comment section.
How to Update Lenovo Z6 Lite to RevengeOS 4.0 (Android 11)?
Installing RevengeOS 4.0 requires an unlocked bootloader and a custom recovery installed on the phone. This is the reason the entire installation guide is divided into three parts as below:
- Unlocking bootloader on the phone
- Installing Custom Recovery on the phone
- Installing the RevengeOS 4.0 ROM on the phone
Unlock Bootloader on Lenovo Z6 Lite
Lenovo Z6 Lite bootloader unlock guide. A step-by step guide that explains how to unlock the bootloader of Lenovo Z6 Lite.
Install custom recovery on Lenovo Z6 Lite
Custom recoveries are needed to flash any of these Android custom ROMs on Lenovo Z6 Lite. Below is a list of step-by step guides that explains how to install custom recovery such as TWRP or OrangeFox recovery on Lenovo Z6 Lite.
- How to Install Recovery In Lenovo Z6 Lite – [button anchor=”Download” url=”https://devdrive.cloud/abf3312e2ddbd382/Z6_Lite+EN+Recovery.zip” size=”medium” style=”default” color=”primary”]
Install RevengeOS 4.0 on Lenovo Z6 Lite
- Download the RevengeOS 4.0 ROM for Lenovo Z6 Lite and copy it into the phone or keep in the PC if you intend to install using ADB sideload.
- Enter into recovery and Wipe data, Cache, System and clean Dalvik cache.
– Make sure you don’t wipe or format Internal memory here. Otherwise, you will lose all your phone data!
- Install RevengeOS 4.0 using TWRP recovery or any custom recovery of your choice
ADB Sideload the RevengeOS 4.0 ROM zip file.
- Install Android 11 GApps using TWRP
- Once done, reboot the phone to boot into RevengeOS 4.0 on Lenovo Z6 Lite which is based on Android 11.
Well, after installing the RevengeOS 4.0 and GApps zip file you are done with the installation process. But, there are few add-on packages that you can install to unleash the real capabilities of your phone!
Below are some of the extra little things which you can install on top of the RevengeOS 4.0 ROM on your Lenovo Z6 Lite.
Currently, Magisk is the only thing that is actively developed and supports Android 11 rooting.
You can either follow this Android 11 Rooting guide or the Magisk rooting guide to enable root on Lenovo Z6 Lite RevengeOs 4.0.
Also, visit the Lenovo Z6 Lite (kunlun2) page to get other RevengeOS 4.0 ROMs, LineageOS 18, or other device specific topics.