This post was last updated on January 18th, 2020 at 04:46 pm
A working mod of GCam or Google Camera 7.0 for Redmi Note 8 running on Android Pie is now available to download which is built by parrot043. This build of Google Camera APK (GCam) 7.0 for Redmi Note 8 has almost all the features working.
Astrophotography feature was introduced in Google Camera 7.0.009, hence you get the same on the Redmi Note 8 on this GCam version in addition to other features such as HDR+, ZSL, Super Res Zoom, Night Sight, Slow motion, Time lapse etc.
Android compatibility of Redmi Note 8 GCam 7.0.009
Google Camera 7.0.009 is compatible with Android Pie and up. Hence the same goes for this GCam 7.0 for Redmi Note 8.
Most likely Camera2 API is already installed on Redmi Note 8. If you still want to verify, follow the below link:
– Verify and Install Camera2 API if it is required.
Download Google Camera APK 7.0 for Redmi Note 8:
Following is the download link to the Gcam APK for Redmi Note 8:
Google Camera 7.0 for Redmi Note 8
NOTE: Comment in a reply if this GCam has some issues or not working at all.
How to Install the Google Camera APK on Redmi Note 8:
- Download the GCam 7.0 from the above download link.
- To install apps from a third party app other than Play Store you need to enable app install from Unknown Sources on your Android device.
For Android Oreo or Pie version, enable Install Unknown Apps from the app from which you are going to install the Google Camera APK.
For example: if you have downloaded the Google Camera apk file on Google chrome or firefox browser on your phone.
Or you have downloaded and copied the apk file to the file browser and you want to install it from there.
Go to Settings > Apps & notifications > Open the app (Chrome, Firefox or file manager app etc) > Install unknown apps and enable Allow from this source
- Once enabled, click on the downloaded app to install.
- Once installed you can clear the app data and open the app and enjoy the feature packed Google Camera APK on Redmi Note 8.
How to enable Astro Photography mode on Redmi Note 8 Google Camera 7.0
By default the astrophotography mode is not enabled on this Google camera 7.0 for Redmi Note 8. Few settings need to be enabled. Before you proceed to enable any settings, just a heads up: from Google Camera 7.0 onward the settings is moved under Quick settings pull down menu.
Settings to enable astrophotography mode
- Open Settings
- Scroll down and click on About modification
- Then go to Developer Settings (Keep in mind that This developer setting is different than the Android’s developer settings)
- On the next screen search for "cuttle". All the cuttle related settings will be filtered.
- Now enable or check all the boxes for following options
- Now, force stop the Google camera app and restart it.
- Now, to capture photo in astrophotography mode; follow the next instructions.
How to capture photos in astrophotography mode?
Following conditions must be met to capture in Astrophotography mode (known as cuttlefish in Google Camera ports like this):
– It can be enabled on Night Sight mode
– The phone must be kept static (use a tripod or keep the phone somewhere to keep it static)
– There must be low light condition
– It may take few seconds for this mode to come up when the above conditions are met
Try other GCam APK for Redmi Note 8
Google Camera was never available for phones other than Google Pixel series. With that fact, this is just a port of the actual Google Camera app built by parrot043.
That’s all for the Redmi Note 8’s Google camera 7.0 with astrophotography mode enabled. Stay tuned to this article for more updates on getting a stable or other latest updates of GCam for Redmi Note 8.
New features are keep on coming on the Google Camera app and hence there could be many versions of these ported apps for Redmi Note 8. Below forum will have all available working Google Camera for Redmi Note 8.