This post was last updated on December 15th, 2019 at 11:06 pm
This is the GCam or Google Camera 7.0 APK for Redmi Note 7 running on Android 10 or Android Pie, which is based on parrot043’s build. This is just a port of Google Camera APK and not the actual stock Google Camera 7.0 APK, so you can always expect that all of the features might not be available or just broken!
Many Thanks to vlachorumsapiens for providing a detailed analysis and proper settings to get the most out of this Google Camera 7.0 for Redmi Note 7.
This GCam APK build was not primarily built for Redmi Note 7, hence expect that not every feature will be working. Never mind to try other Google Camera APK or other Arnova8G2 Google Camera build from the huge list, if few features do not work on this build!
About this Google Camera 7.0 for Redmi Note 7:
Following are the features and fixes added on the v4 build of Google Camera 7.0 app.
- Added a fix for slow motion. Thanks M0bi Dick.
- Added a fix to choose 1/4 and 1/8 slow-mo.
– In principle, the fix is the same as in version 6, if you do not have 1/8 support, your camera will shoot in 1/4, but not the point. It works.
- Activated stock photo shooting of stars by default, which is called as astro-photography mode.
– But there you need to have a fast processor to make it all work.
- Added item about modification settings.
- Minor changes in the code.
Status of this Redmi Note 7 Google Camera 7.0 APK:
– HDR+ and HDR+ enhanced mode
– Night sight
– Video recording
– Lens Blur
– Time lapse
– Astro photography mode
– Portrait Mode is missing
Download Google Camera 7.0 APK for Redmi Note 7
Google Camera 7.0 for Redmi Note 7
– Select the PMGC_7.0.009_SlowMotion_120-240FPSVersion_V4.apk file from the select file drop down menu and download the file
How to Install Google Camera 7.0 APK on Redmi Note 7?
- Download both the GCam apk 7.0 for Redmi Note 7 from the above download link
- To install apps from a third party app other than Play Store you need to enable app install from Unknown Sources on your Android device.
For Android Oreo or Pie version, enable Install Unknown Apps from the app from which you are going to install the Google Camera 7.0 APK.
For example: if you have downloaded the Google Camera apk file on Google chrome or firefox browser on your phone.
Or you have downloaded and copied the apk file to the file browser and you want to install it from there.
Go to Settings > Apps & notifications or Manage Apps on MIUI > Select the app (Chrome, Firefox or file manager app etc) > Install unknown apps or Install apps from unknown sources on MIUI and enable Allow from this source
- Once enabled, click on the app to install.
- Follow the below steps to set different settings for optimal usage of the app.
Optimal settings of Google Camera 7.0 on Redmi Note 7
- Set camera resolution settings to Pixel 3A
- Go to Advanced Settings and enable the following:
– Enable Show dirty lens warning
– Save selfie as previewed
– Enable HDR+ control
– Enable RAW+JPEG control
– Enable Store videos efficiently
– Enable Quick settings
– Enable Use DCI-P3 color space
– Enable Auto exposure Correction in night mode
– Enable UHD 4K in “Acceleration” mode
– Enable “Slow motion” if it is not enabled
- Pull down the quick Settings and set it as follows for the Camera mode:
– Enable HDR+ enhanced
– Disable RAW and keep it only JPEG
- Set the Saturation settings to the following:
– Back camera Highlight saturation: 1.0
– Back camera Shadow saturation: 1.6
– Front camera Highlight saturation: 1.6
– Front camera Shadow saturation: 2.0
How to enable Astro Photography mode on Redmi Note 7 Google Camera 7.0
By default the astro photography mode is not enabled on this GCam 7.0 for Redmi Note 7. In case you still want to change the setting, follow the below instructions to enable or disable the astrophotography mode.
- Go to GCam Settings
- Scroll down and go to Advanced settings
- Then scroll down almost to the end till you get Use astrophotography Mode under Night Sight settings.
Below are the screenshots that shows how to enable the astrophotography mode.
How to shoot in astrophotography mode on GCam 7.0?
Once the Astrophotography mode is enabled, there are certain conditions to be met to capture photos in that mode.
Following conditions must be met to capture in Astrophotography mode (known as cuttlefish in Google Camera ports like this):
– It can be enabled on Night Sight mode (only)
– The phone must be kept static (use a tripod or keep the phone somewhere to keep it static)
– There must be low light condition
– It may take few seconds for this mode to come up when the above conditions are met
See the below screenshots to get an idea how to know if it is shooting in Astrophotography mode in GCam 7.0?
When I kept the phone static in front of a good light source, the Astrophotography mode did not turn on no matter how longer I waited.
So, make sure it is a low light environment.
That’s all. Stay tuned to this article for more updates on getting a stable GCam for Redmi Note 7.
New features are keep on coming on the Google Camera app and hence there could be many versions of these ported apps for Redmi Note 7. Below forum will have all GCam apk updates for the Redmi Note 7.