Back in May, Xiaomi announced its cheapest “K30 Series” smartphone in China. The Redmi K30i 5G was a trimmed down version of Redmi K30 5G with downgraded cameras. The original Redmi K30 5G was announced back in December 2019. Further, the K30i has an extra 300mAh battery. Xiaomi has been pushing the stable MIUI 12 update for the K30i.
The rollout was started since the starting of July 2020. In the meantime, many other Redmi smartphones like Redmi K20 series, and Mi 9, Mi 10 series also received the MIUI 12 update. Xiaomi has been releasing the update of Redmi K30i 5G and K30 5G as different versions. The stable update comes with the version number “V188.8.131.52.QGICMXM” and weighs over 2.9GB.
As usual, the update is rolling out as OTA and will be rolling out in batches. Further, if you are interested in downloading the file manually, and installing you can do it that too. We will include the download link, and instructions for that.
Download & install MIUI 12 on your Redmi K30i!
- Download MIUI 12 stable update by clicking here.
- After downloading the stable ROM, you should copy it to the folder named “downloaded_rom”.
- Then go to “Settings”, and tap on “System Update”.
- Now click on three-dots, and select “Choose Update Package” option.
- If you can’t see this option, you can enable it by tapping the MIUI logo ten times.
Or, you can install updates via the recovery
- After rebooting into recovery by pressing the power and the volume up buttons simultaneously
- Now select “Install update.zip” using the power button.
- Done, after this MIUI 12 will be installing on your smartphone through recovery.
Please let us know your thoughts and queries in the comments section below.