Xiaomi announced its MIUI 12 based on Android 10 globally in May 2020, and many of their devices were eligible for the same. Apart from closed beta, there was a stable beta for devices globally, and now the brand has released the stable MIUI 12 for the global, and Indian versions of Mi 9, K20/ MI 9T, and K20 Pro/Mi 9T Pro. The update comes with a drastic UI change, and they are sending as OTA (Over the Air) updates. The rollout is scheduled in a staged manner, so it will take some time to reach your device.
You can also download, and install the MIUI 12 update manually. We will provide you with the links, and direction for the same. The global version gets the update as V184.108.40.206.QFJMIXM while the Indian version gets the update as V220.127.116.11.QFJINXM. Please do note that for doing update manually you need an unlocked bootloader and TWRP. Thanks to XDA Developers for providing the download links of MIUI 12.
Download MIUI 12 update for Mi 9 and Mi 9T/Redmi K20 Series
- Mi 9 MI 9 MIUI 12 V18.104.22.168.QFAEUXM (Europe)
- Mi 9T Mi 9T MIUI 12 V22.214.171.124.QFJMIXM (Global)
- Redmi K20 Redmi K20 MIUI 12 V126.96.36.199.QFJINXM (India)
- Redmi K20 Pro/Mi 9T Pro Mi 9T Pro / Redmi K20 Pro MIUI 12 V188.8.131.52.QFKMIXM (Global)
- MIUI 12. Yours alone.
- New: All-new physically based animation engine with advanced architecture will refresh your device’s look.
- New: Dynamic window technology takes switching screen orientation to a new level.
- Brand new visual design works for all types of content and languages.
- Magazine-level layouts bring important things into the spotlight and make content structure clear.
- New: Super wallpapers break physical boundaries and keep inspiring you with every touch.
- Fix: Status bar colors weren’t displayed correctly in the Dark mode
- New: MIUI 12 is the first Android-based mobile OS that went through the rigorous enhanced privacy protection testing.
- New: Use secure sharing to control what additional data is sent along with shared items.
- New: Pull down a notification sent by a messenger app to turn it into a floating window.
- New: Floating windows keep apps running in the foreground even when you pause to do other things.
- New: You can minimize a floating window using a full screen gesture.
- New: You can open an app in a floating window directly from Recents.
- Optimization: Press and hold an app preview in Recents to choose between Split screen and floating windows.
- New: Swipe down from the upper right corner of your screen to open Control center.
- New: Animated icons are a joy to look at!
- Optimization: Control center is now closed by incoming calls
- Optimization: Press and hold redirection options
- Fix: Brightness adjustment bar couldn’t be used when Control center was opened for the first time
- Fix: Toggle order wasn’t correct on the old toggle panel
- Fix: Switching SIM cards crashed the app in some cases
- Fix: Accessibility features weren’t available in the editing mode
- New: Dark mode support is also provided for third party apps now.
- New: Contrast is lowered automatically in low light conditions to protect your eyes.
- New: Wallpapers can be displayed in darker palette when your device switches to Dark mode.
- New: You can hide private items while casting and minimize the window to multitask.
- Fix: Lock screen items were shown on the Always-on display
- Fix: Fingerprint unlock didn’t work on Always-on display in some cases
- Removed: Lock screen and Always-on display issues in Second space
- New: Animated Home screen icons are neat and satisfying.
- New: App drawer allows you to keep your Home screen neat and categorizes apps so you can find them faster.
- New: We’ve added a new animation for uninstalling apps.
- New: Gravitational animations make returning to Home screen look seamless and natural.
- New: New Pro mode features and descriptions
- Optimization: Pro mode parameter naming
- New: New animations bring the weather from outside directly to your screen.
- New: Lite mode simplifies your device and brings essential features up front.
- New: New full screen gestures for switching between apps are available.
- New: You can create folders with notes now.
- New: New dynamic backgrounds look gorgeous!
- New: Tasks are completed with a satisfying animation now.
- New: Checklists of subtasks make managing your agenda much simpler.
New: New animations feel natural and refreshing.
New: Binging your favorite shows will be more convenient with our new video toolbox