Table of Contents
Xiaomi launched its entry-level smartphone i.e. the Redmi 8A in 2019. The device runs on MIUI 11 on top of Android 9 Pie. As of now, the 8A is the current entry level device from the brand. There are some rumours that the brand will reveal the upcoming entry level device in the Prime sale.
The brand has started rolling out the Android 10 update (first and final major android update) for the Redmi 8A. It comes with the July security patch and weighs over 1.8GB. The update comes with the new version number 220.127.116.11.QCPCNXM. However, the update doesn’t bundles the MIUI 12 update. It will be pushed out in some other time.
Recently, the brand has pushed the Android 10 update for Redmi 7A, Note 7, Note 7s, and the Redmi Note 8 Pro. With the new update, the 8A gets support for all native Android 10 features. The new feature includes system-wide dark mode, full-screen navigation gestures (Android 10 gestures), focus mode, and all other features. Apart from new features, it comes with a lot of improvements from the current version. Here is a small changelog of the same.
Changelog of Android 10 update!
Updated Android Security Patch to July 2020. Increased system security.
Stable MIUI based on Android 10
As usual, the update rolls out as OTA, and will take some time to reach your unit. If you can’t wait, we have included the manual link for downloading the update. We have also included the guide for that.
Download and install Android 10 in your Redmi 8A
- Please ensure that you’ve at least 30% of battery,
- Download, and copy the recovery rom to the root storage.
- Go to Settings then to about phone, and click on system updates.
- Now tap on the three-dots menu which can be seen in the top right corner.
- Select choose update package option, and browse the firmware which you have downloaded.
- Then, the device will start updating your device into Android 10.
Please let us know if you’ve installed the update on your device. Stay tuned with us for more articles like these.