Xiaomi unveiled its MIUI 12 Globally in May 2020. Many of the Xiaomi, Redmi, and Poco devices were eligible for receiving the new update. In fact, the brand has pushed MIUI 12 for a dozen of smartphones now. The new UI comes with several improvements and features over the old one. Recently, the brand has started pushing out the Android 10 for the Redmi 8A. However, the update was based on MIUI 11, not the new MIUI 12. The Redmi 8A and Redmi 8 will receive MIUI 12 in August.
Until then, Xiaomi will be rolling out Android 10 on top of MIUI 11 for both the smartphones. Both these devices have already received the Android 10 update. As mentioned in the first paragraph, the update was pushed for the units in China. Most of you know that Xiaomi devices get first to update in China and later in other countries. The Redmi 8 will be receiving an Android 10 update with version number 188.8.131.52.QCNMIXM and the Redmi 8A will get the update with 184.108.40.206.QCPMIXM.
Both the updates are rolling out as OTA and will take some time to reach your unit. Don’t worry, if you don’t have time for waiting, you can manually download and install the update.
Download and install Android 10 for Redmi 8
Download and install Android 10 for Redmi 8A
How to manually install the Android 10 update on your device!
- Please ensure that you’ve at least 30% of battery,
- Download, and copy the recovery rom to the root storage.
- Go to Settings then to about phone, and click on system updates.
- Now tap on the three-dots menu which can be seen in the top right corner.
- Select choose update package option, and browse the firmware which you have downloaded.
- Then, the device will start updating your device into Android 10.
Stay tuned with us for more stories like this.