There is a good news that the Redmi 6 Pro has received MIUI 12 update. This guide provides a direct download link and a step-by-step guide on how to install MIUI 12 on Redmi 6 Pro.
This MIUI 12 port for Redmi 6 Pro is brought to you by mahajant99. If you like his work you can donate him.
This latest MIUI 12 download is announced lately for many devices but not the Redmi 6 Pro. This page will be updated with the other future updates of MIUI 12 for the device.
MIUI 12 Features
The latest MIUI 12 has loads of features those are unmathced with any other custom ROM available out there.
Below are some the noteworthy key features from MIUI 12:
- Dynamic weather that changes the screen based on realtime climate on your place
- New icon animations and visually appealing graphics
- Certified Privacy protection features
- Application behavior is reported to the user to take more control on what to allow and what to restrict
- High risk behaviors are directly stopped without intervention of the user
- Picture-in-Picture (PIP) application window
- System wide dark theme that supports thousands of Apps
- Huawei Health now provides Automatic health recording statistics at a very minimal power consumption
- Many more teeny tiny features like Game acceleration, Upcoming: a built-in task organiser and reminder, Smart travel for travel reminders, minimalistic mode for elders etc.
Redmi 6 Pro MIUI 12 Update Information
This is the latest MIUI 12 version for the phone and below the details of the current released update file:
- Build date: 27th April 2020
- Security patch: April 2020
- Build version: 20.4.27
- Android version: Android 10
- File size: 1.7 GB
How To Install MIUI 12 on Redmi 6 Pro?
Flash MIUI 12 on Redmi 6 Pro using Fastboot
- Download and extract the Redmi 6 Pro MIUI 12 zip file where you will get three .img files: boot.img, system.img and vendor.img
- Boot into bootloader mode.
- Open a terminal or a command prompt and execute the below commands:
fastboot flash boot boot.img fastboot flash system system.img fastboot flash vendor vendor.img
Flash MIUI 12 on Redmi 6 Pro using TWRP
If you are not comfortable with command line then you can copy the image files to your phone and follow the below instructions:
- Copy the image files into your phone and boot into TWRP
- Go to Wipe > Advanced Wipe > select all except Internal Storage and MicroSD and then Swipe to Wipe
- Now select the Install and Install Image
- Now, browse and select the file with the filename vendor.img file and then select Vendor Image then Swipe to confirm Flash
- Now, browse and select the file with the filename system.img file and then select System Image then Swipe to confirm Flash
- Now, browse and select the file with the filename boot.img file and then select Boot Image then Swipe to confirm Flash
- Once done flashing, tap on Reboot System and then Swipe to Reboot to restart the phone
Once the installation is completed and you have restarted the phone, you will have MIUI 12 on your Redmi 6 Pro. In case you face any problem installing this MIUI 12 update on Redmi 6 Pro, you can login and leave a reply with your concern to get a reply.