This post was last updated on January 9th, 2020 at 07:16 pm
LineageOS 17 for Redmi 5 is now available to download and install from a developer build. This article explains how to install Redmi 5 LineageOS 17 ROM based on Android 10, with a step-by-step guide. This Redmi 5 LineageOS 17 build is brought to you by developer ayandebnath and another build is by baunilla.
DONATION TO DEVELOPER(S)/PROJECT:
THIS IS AN INITIAL BUILD OF LineageOS 17 FOR Redmi 5, WHICH HAS MANY BUGS.
MAKE SURE TO BACKUP ALL DATA OF YOUR PHONE AND KEEP IT IN YOUR MIND THAT YOU ARE FLASHING AT YOUR OWN RISK.
You are the only person making changes to your phone; neither the developer nor I can be held responsible for the mistakes done by you.
Status of the Redmi 5 LineageOS 17 Android 10 custom ROM:
– Almost Everything except listed below
– Double tap to wake (DT2W)
– Chrome is unstable (use another browser)
– Fingerprint not detected (Goodix only?)
– Camera low-light artifacts (use zoom to fix)
– SELinux permissive, public test-keys
– Some idle battery drain
REQUIRED GUIDES AND DOWNLOADS OF LineageOS 17 FOR Redmi 5:
- ROM Download link | Mirror Link of Redmi 5 LineageOS 17 by ayandebnath
- ROM Download link of Redmi 5 LineageOS 17 by baunilla (updated on November 3rd)
- Redmi 5 TWRP Download | Another TWRP Download for this LineageOS 17 ROM
- How to Root LineageOS 17
- GApps for this build is not required.
HOW TO DOWNLOAD AND INSTALL Redmi 5 LineageOS 17 Android 10 CUSTOM ROM:
Following are the two sub-sections of this Redmi 5 LineageOS 17 update guide:
- First time installation of LineageOS 17 for Redmi 5
- Upgrading LineageOS 17 for Redmi 5 from a previous build of LineageOS 17 ROM
Download and Install LineageOS 17 for Redmi 5 for the first time:
- Download and Copy the LineageOS 17 ROM for Redmi 5 and the GApps for LineageOS 17 to your phone.
- Boot into the TWRP custom Recovery to install this Redmi 5 LineageOS 17 Android 10 custom ROM. Make sure to use the TWRP provided in above downloads section or any system-as-root configured TWRP for Redmi 5– By now your phone must have an unlocked bootloader to proceed with other steps. If not, unlock the bootloader first and proceed ahead.
- Wipe the data partition, Cache partition, vendor partition and system partition.– Here is a guide explaining how to wipe using TWRP recovery.
- Install the Redmi 5 LineageOS 17 ROM file that you have copied into the phone.– Here is a post explaining how to install LineageOS
- Reboot and Enjoy the Android 10 based LineageOS 17 for Redmi 5.
Upgrading from earlier version of LineageOS 17 for Redmi 5 (rosy):
- Copy the latest ROM zip file of LineageOS 17 for Redmi 5, LineageOS 17 GApps and/or Magisk ROOT package to the phone
- Boot into Recovery to flash the updated LineageOS 17 for Redmi 5
- Wipe the system partition from the TWRP recovery menu.
- Install the Redmi 5 LineageOS 17 update.– Here is a post explaining how to install LineageOS
- Once everything is done, reboot and Enjoy the LineageOS 17 on Redmi 5.
Some Screenshots of LineageOS 17
After installing Redmi 5 LineageOS 17 Android 10 custom ROM you may want to enable ROOT access on your phone and here is how you can do that:
– LineageOS 17 ROOT.