Table of Contents
- 1 DONATION TO DEVELOPER(S) AND TWRP PROJECT:
- 2 Where to download TWRP for Redmi 10X Pro?
- 3 How to Install TWRP on Redmi 10X Pro?
This post was last updated on June 25th, 2020 at 12:45 pm
TWRP recovery is an advanced recovery application that allows to install custom ROM or root the Redmi 10X Pro. You would be happy to know that a working build of TWRP for Redmi 10X Pro is now available to download. This post provides a link to download the TWRP recovery and a step by step guide on how to install the same.
This Redmi 10X Pro TWRP is brought to you by developer wzsx150.
DONATION TO DEVELOPER(S) AND TWRP PROJECT:
If you like the work of the developer(s) then do consider for a contribution to wzsx150 and TWRP project:
– No donation link found for wzsx150
– Donate to dees_troy TWRP’s Lead developer
Installing TWRP recovery on Redmi 10X Pro requires an unlock bootloader, which may void the warranty and delete all data on your phone. Make sure you back up important data.
You are the only person making changes to your phone and I cannot be held responsible for the mistakes done by you. So, flash at your own risk!
About this TWRP for Redmi 10X Pro
– TWRP version: 3.4.1b
– Device Codename: bomb
– Supported Android Version: Android 10
– Build date: 9th June 2020
– Based on MIUI FW: Unknown
– Build Id:QQ1D.200205.002
Where to download TWRP for Redmi 10X Pro?
- Redmi 10X Pro, USB cable and a Windows, or Linux or MAC with ADB and fastboot installed on it.
- Downlaod TWRP for Redmi 10X Pro (codename: bomb):
- Download MiFlash Unlock Tool to unlock bootloader of Redmi 10X Pro:
- ADB and Fastboot utility.
– 15 Seconds ADB Installer for Windows
– Minimal ADB and Fastboot for Windows
– ADB Fastboot for Linux
- Unlocked bootloader on Redmi 10X Pro
How to Install TWRP on Redmi 10X Pro?
Installing TWRP on the phone requires an unlock bootloader. So, I have divided this whole guide into two parts as below:
- Bootloader Unlock
- Flashing the TWRP
Unlocking the Bootloader
The phone must have an unlocked bootloader in the first place to be able to install or replace the stock recovery with TWRP recovery on Redmi 10X Pro.
Follow the below instructions to unlock the bootloader.
- Enable developer options
- Enable OEM unlock and USB debugging inside Developer Options
- Then go to Mi Unlock Status (under Developer Options) and click on the Add account and device.
Add your Redmi 10X Pro to the Mi account registered on your phone.
- Once done, reboot the phone into fastboot and unlock the phone with MiFlash Unlock Tool
Flash the TWRP on Redmi 10X Pro
- Download and extract the Redmi 10X Pro TWRP zip file. There you will get recovery.img and misc.bin file.
- Download and Install the ADB and Fastboot utilities.
- Then connect the phone to the PC using a USB cable.
– On your phone, if you see such as “Allow USB debugging” then just tap on OK to proceed.
- On the computer, open a command prompt (on Windows) or terminal (on Linux or macOS) window, and execute the below command to restart your phone into fastboot mode or bootloader mode:
adb reboot bootloader– You can also enter into fastboot or bootloader mode by turning off the phone and then pressing the Power button + Volume Down button.
- Extract the downloaded zip file. Then execute the EN_Recovery-twrp-oneclick-EN.bat file to flash the TWRP or follow the next instruction to flash it manually.
- As this is an A-only device, the TWRP needs to be flashed on the recovery partition. So, execute the below commands to flash the twrp and the misc.bin file:
fastboot flash recovery twrp-3.4.x-xx.img
fastboot flash misc misc.binWhile executing this command make sure to replace the twrp-3.4.x-xx.img with the actual filename of the TWRP.
- Wait for the fastboot command to finish installing the TWRP on Redmi 10X Pro.
That’s all on installing TWRP on Redmi 10X Pro. For some reason, if it fails, you can login and reply below so that I can try to help you troubleshoot the issue.
After installing TWRP on Redmi 10X Pro
You can do many things after installing TWRP on Redmi 10X Pro. Below are few such examples:
- You can enable Root on Redmi 10X Pro
- You can install one of the custom ROMs available for Redmi 10X Pro
- You can install some of the mods, magisk modules, etc.
Following are some extra resources for Redmi 10X Pro which you may be interested in:
– Download MIUI Stock Firmware for Redmi 10X Pro
– LineageOS 17.1 for Redmi 10X Pro
– GCam for Redmi 10X Pro