Now we all know what PUBG Mobile is. For those who don’t know (0.1% of smartphone users), PUBG is a battleground game which is the most popular and one of the most downloaded Android games. It is a multiplayer battleground game where you need to kill your opponents in order to survive and get the Chicken Dinner! That’s right you don’t just win the game, you get a Chicken Dinner. It is the most used tag line among PUBG gamers. Moreover, PUBG Mobile is a huge rage among Indian players as well.
We could see smartphone manufacturers coming up with PUBG optimized Android smartphones. Moreover, recently PUBG launched its lite version in India with a live event in Kolkata where winners will be rewarded great prizes. The light version of the game is intended for those gamers who have low specs smartphones and cannot run the original version of PUBG Mobile smoothly on their devices. It is indeed a great move by Tencent, which happens to be its developer.
There have been a lot of updates for the PUBG Mobile and there is a seasoned scenario in the game where every new season, there is a different theme and new costumes and vehicles, and other things are added. Maps are also added and till now we have four huge maps to play in. Right now, the PUBG Mobile is under its 7th Season, and this season has brought in a lot of new changes and features to the game. The interesting and new feature which also happens to be the topic of the article is the new “Team Deathmatch Mode”.
What is the Team Deathmatch Mode in PUBG Mobile?
With the new update version 0.13.0, the PUBG Mobile developers, Tencent pushed a new game mode called the Team Deathmatch Mode. I have been playing the PUBG Mobile for a long time and trust me I am better equipped to give my impressions on this mode. I have played enough games to propose my impression for the new mode available with the new update. Let’s get into them one by one;
Now, let us start with the basics about the mode. As the name implies and those gamers who have played COD in the past know what a deathmatch is. So the game gives you a nice 5-10 minutes of gameplay where you need to kill as many opponents as possible within the time duration. Yes, you will be killed in this process but, you will be respawned again to continue the game. What I felt about this mode is that it fills you up with adrenaline because you do not know from where you will get shot at and in my opinion it is more fast-paced as compared to the original gameplay of PUBG.
I preferred playing with the sniper rifles as I love making long-range shots but the assault rifles are also very effective during the team deathmatch mode. Moreover, you also get a sense of rush while playing this mode as you are constantly in range of the opponent or vice versa so, you need to move quickly and make quick decisions in order to survive the game.
Ye, this was interesting for me as well. When you pay a team deathmatch mode game, then you will be taken into a new map. Although the map seems familiar, you can see a lot of new buildings and surroundings which I guess has been a mix of Sanhok plus some extra elements. It feels great to be in a new environment in the new deathmatch mode. There are a lot of places to hide and duck behind to guard yourselves and moreover a lot of ramps and other things to get up on the high places as well. It is a nice touch given to the deathmatch mode as you require those stuff in order to survive in the games because, either you play defensively or you just straight out attack. I prefer the later one.
Now, no complaints here as well. Yes, the gameplay is familiar as we are playing PUBG but, there is something new and fresh with this new mode. This gives you an entirely new feeling and takes away those 100 players normal mode and gives you the faced paced environments to kills and survive. You will be equipped with AKM or Scar-Lwith lots and I mean lots of ammunition. That’s not all, you can search for different places where you can get an unlimited number of new weapons, ammo, attachments, and more. But, you can carry only two weapons as in the original gameplay. You get grenades, the mighty M249 machine gun which is my favorite. Overall, it is a nice experience with a familiar touch.
Once you are killed by your opponents, you will be respawned in 5 seconds. And, once you are respawned you will be given an extra 4-5 seconds of invincibility time to get to a safe zone or take cover so, that you are not killed again.
Official Patch Notes for the Update 0.13.0
You can read the official patch notes about all the features and improvements that the new update 0.13.0 brings to the PUBG Mobile game.
What’s New in 0.13.0:
- Added Team Deathmatch mode to EvoGround. This new-mode features fast-paced firefights in both FPP and TPP. Players can also create their own rooms with room cards.
- Added control settings for FPP. Players can now have separate settings for TPP and FPP.
- Upgraded 3rd party app prevention system and enhanced detection of cheating behavior via Virtual App, emulators, and modifiers.
- Added MVP showcase system at the end of each match. All players will receive a default MVP pose. The top 3 players in Classic mode or the MVP of the winning squad in TDM will be featured.
- In Vikendi, players will now leave footprints, trails and tire tracks on the snow.
- Added a dedicated button for climbing that can be enabled in the settings.
- When killed by friendly fire, now players can decide if the teammate should lose merit or not.
- Added a Godzilla theme. Godzilla themed lobby background will be available together with many themed events and rewards after the update.
- Added new popularity gift and ranking reward. Every week, the top 100 players in the list may collect the title All-time Popularity or Recent Popularity.
- Added Charisma Ranking. The permanent outfits and firearm/vehicle finishes collected by a player will increase their Charisma.
- Victory Legion: Complete 1/5/10/20 matches with Dominating in Team Deathmatch
- Alpha & Omega: Get the first kill and final blow in a Team Deathmatch
- T-800: Achieve Terminator 1 time in Team Deathmatch
- Envoy of War: Complete a series of missions in Team Deathmatch.
- Survive Till Dawn and Darkest Night changes.
- The old zombies have been replaced by 4 types of new zombies.
- Liquid Nitrogen Grenades now leave behind a cloud of freezing smoke on the ground for a long period after the explosion, reducing the movement speed of any unit in the area.
- Added new mode combat modifiers.
- Certain zombies now have new abilities: Tanks will empower nearby allies; Skinners can slow nearby players.
- A new factory has replaced the police station.
- Players can now combine items in batches.
- Equipped items will be displayed on top.
- Duplicated new items will no longer be indicated by a red dot and the “new” tag.
- The Backpack and Helmet tabs have been moved to the Customization tab.
- Arcade mode opening times have been adjusted. Mondays and Wednesdays: Sniper Training & War; Tuesdays and Thursdays: Mini-Zone & Quick Match; Fridays to Sundays: All Arcade modes are available. All times are in UTC.
- Protective items are now 25% more durable. Their effectiveness remains unchanged
- Players can now bolt/reload a bolt action rifle while moving instead of completing the process while aiming down sights
- Improved the animation in FPP when running while holding an SMG.
- Vehicles now have improved feedback on explosions
- Event Center now has improved interactions and better tutorials for the event missions
- Crew Challenge Qualifying Round has been expanded. Now 6 qualifying matches will be held every day, up from 5. Each squad can participate up to 3 matches per day, up from 2. Each squad is allowed to participate a total of 18 qualifying matches, up from 12. And new items have been added to the Crew Shop
- Players who have registered for Crew Challenge will now receive a notice 10 minutes before a match starts
- Players can now collect all rewards from daily missions, progress missions and achievements all at once
- Added 3 new Clan Insignias for Lv. 7, Lv. 9, and Lv. 10
- Added a latency indicator to the main screen. Green, yellow, and red represents a good, average, or bad connection
Source: PUBG Mobile