A build of “TWRP for Poco X2” running on Android 10 is now available to download. This step by step guide explains how to download and install TWRP on the Poco X2.
This “Poco X2 TWRP” is brought to you by developer(s) wzsx150.
DONATION TO DEVELOPER(S) AND TWRP PROJECT:
If you like this ROM then do consider for a contribution to wzsx150 and TWRP project:
– No donation link found for wzsx150
– Donate to dees_troy TWRP’s Lead developer
You are the only person making changes to your phone and I cannot be held responsible for the mistakes done by you. So, flash at your own risk!
About this TWRP for Poco X2
– TWRP version: 3.x
– Supported Android Version: Android 10
– Built as System-as-root (SAR)
– Based on MIUI FW V220.127.116.11.QJBCNXM
Where to download TWRP for Poco X2?
Following is a list of files or guides required to download and install TWRP recovery on Poco X2. The next section has a step by step guide that explains when and how to use these files or guides in the process.
- Poco X2 phone, USB cable and a Windows, or Linux or MAC with ADB and fastboot installed on it.
- TWRP for Poco X2
- ADB and Fastboot utility.Below are the download links and guides to install ADB and Fastboot:
– 15 Seconds ADB Installer for Windows
– Minimal ADB and Fastboot for Windows
– How to install ADB and fastboot on Linux
– How to install ADB and fastboot on MAC
- Unlocked bootloader on the Poco X2- Poco X2 Bootloader unlock
How to Install TWRP on Poco X2?
- Enable developer options and USB debugging and proceed to Unlock bootloader on Poco X2
- Download the Poco X2 TWRP image from the above download link.
- Enable developer options and USB debugging again.Bootloader unlock process resets the phone to factory settings. So, you need to enable the Developers options and USB debugging once again.
- Connect the phone to the PC using a USB cable, if not connected yet.
- On the computer, open a command prompt (on Windows) or terminal (on Linux or macOS) window, and type the following command to restart your phone into fastboot mode or bootloader mode:
adb reboot bootloader– You can also enter into fastboot or bootloader mode by pressing some specific key combinations.
– If your phone asks permission such as ‘Allow USB debugging‘ then just tap on OK to proceed.
– If you see
no permissions fastbootwhile on Linux or macOS, try running fastboot as
- While the phone is in the bootloader mode, execute the following command to flash the TWRP:
fastboot flash boot twrp-3.4.x-xx.imgWhile executing this command make sure to replace the twrp-3.4.x-xx.img with the actual filename of the “TWRP for Poco X2”
- Wait for the fastboot command to finish installing “TWRP on Poco X2”.
Once it is done, execute the following command to reboot the phone by executing the following command:
fastboot oem reboot-recoveryIt is important to execute the above command to reboot into the TWRP recovery after flashing the TWRP. If rebooting to the system instead, it will replace the TWRP with the stock recovery again.
What to do after installing TWRP on Poco X2:
- You can enable ROOT access on Poco X2 ROOT access
- You can install one of the custom ROMs available for Poco X2
- You can install some of the mods, magisk modules, etc.
Following are some extra resources for Poco X2 which you may be interested in:
– LineageOS 17.1 for Poco X2
– GCam for Poco X2