The latest, LineageOS 18 for Poco M2 Pro is now available from an unofficial build which is brought to you by developer wight445. LineageOS 18 is the latest build which is based on the latest available Android 11 update.
This post explains how to install LineageOS 18 on Poco M2 Pro, in a step-by-step guide. This guide only refers the name of Poco M2 Pro, but this build supports multiple devices listed below.
Donation to Developer(s)
LineageOS 18 development and porting is a volunteer based work! If you want this project keep going, please contribute to the developer(s) and the LineageOS project.
– Donate to wight445
– Donate to LineageOS project
Other Requirements to Install LineageOS 18 on Poco M2 Pro
To be able to install any Android 11 ROM build on the phone, it must have an unlocked bootloader and a compatible custom recovery installed.
So, to make it easier for you, we have included appropriate guides on how to unlock bootloader and install recovery in the below sections.
In addition, the custom ROMs usually lack any Google Apps like: Google Play, Google Maps, etc. out of the box. So, the post installation requiremnt is, GApps for Android 11.
Poco M2 Pro LineageOS 18 System Build Information (latest build)
I have verified the build for its legitimacy by extracting the system image. Below are the data what I have got, which clearly presents this to be a valid build for the phone:
ro.build.id=RP1A.200720.009 ro.build.version.release=11 ro.build.date=Fri Sep 18 15:00:41 EEST 2020 ro.build.flavor=lineage_miatoll-userdebug ro.build.product=miatoll ro.build.description=lineage_miatoll-userdebug 11 RP1A.200720.009 eng.wight5.20200918.144602 test-keys
How to Update Poco M2 Pro to LineageOS 18 (Android 11)?
To install LineageOS 18 on a phone, it must have a custom recovery, which in turn, requires an unlocked bootloader.
This is the reason the entire installation guide is divided into three parts as below:
- Unlocking bootloader of Poco M2 Pro
- Installing Custom Recovery on the phone
- Finally, installing LineageOS 18 ROM
Unlock Bootloader on Poco M2 Pro
Follow this guide to unlock bootloader on Poco M2 Pro.
Install custom recovery on Poco M2 Pro
Custom recoveries are needed to flash any of these Android custom ROMs on Poco M2 Pro. Below is a list of step-by step guides that explains how to install custom recovery such as TWRP or OrangeFox recovery on Poco M2 Pro.
- TWRP for Poco M2 Pro – Follow this guide to Install TWRP recovery on the phone
Install LineageOS 18 on Poco M2 Pro
- Download the LineageOS 18 ROM for Poco M2 Pro and copy it into the phone or keep in the PC, if you intend to install it using ADB sideload.
- Enter into recovery mode (TWRP, Lineage or any other recovery) and then Wipe the data, Cache, System and clean Dalvik cache.
– Make sure you don’t wipe or format Internal memory here. Otherwise you will lose all your phone data!
- Install LineageOS 18 using TWRP recovery or any custom recovery of your choice
Use ADB Sideload to install the LineageOS 18 on Poco M2 Pro.
- Once done, reboot the phone to boot into LineageOS 18 on Poco M2 Pro which is based on Android 11.
After installing the LineageOS 18 ROM you are good to go with the phone. But, there are few add-on packages that you can install to get the most out of your phone!
Below are some of the extra little things which you can install on top of the LineageOS 18 ROM on your Poco M2 Pro.
Google Camera or shortened as GCam, usually brings better images on your existing camera setup.
Search a compatible Google Camera in the Android 11 GCam page for your phone that may run on this LineageOS 18 ROM.
Also, visit the Poco M2 Pro (gram) page to get other Android 11 ROMs or other device specific topics.