This post was last updated on January 19th, 2020 at 01:00 am
LineageOS 17 for Poco F1 is now available to download and install from a developer build. This article explains how to install Poco F1 LineageOS 17 ROM based on Android 10, with a step-by-step guide.
This Poco F1 LineageOS 17 build is brought to you by developer DeHuMaNiZeD.
DONATION TO DEVELOPER(S)/PROJECT:
THIS IS AN INITIAL BUILD OF LineageOS 17 FOR Poco F1, WHICH MAY NOT BOOT AT ALL.
MAKE SURE TO BACKUP ALL DATA OF YOUR PHONE AND KEEP IT IN YOUR MIND THAT YOU ARE FLASHING AT YOUR OWN RISK.
You are the only person making changes to your phone; neither the developer nor I can be held responsible for the mistakes done by you.
Status of the Poco F1 LineageOS 17 Android 10 custom ROM:
REQUIRED GUIDES AND DOWNLOADS OF LineageOS 17 FOR Poco F1:
- Latest firmware based on Android Pie is required.
- ROM Download link of Poco F1 LineageOS 17
- Poco F1 TWRP Download (beryllium) for this Poco F1 LineageOS 17 ROM
- GApps for LineageOS 17 (Download the nano GApps for LineageOS 17)
- How to Root LineageOS 17
HOW TO DOWNLOAD AND INSTALL Poco F1 LineageOS 17 Android 10 CUSTOM ROM:
Following are the two sub-sections of this Poco F1 LineageOS 17 update guide:
- First time installation of LineageOS 17 for Poco F1
- Upgrading LineageOS 17 for Poco F1 from a previous build of LineageOS 17 ROM
Download and Install LineageOS 17 for Poco F1 for the first time:
- Download and Copy the LineageOS 17 ROM for Poco F1 and the GApps for LineageOS 17 to your phone.
- Boot into the TWRP custom Recovery to install this Poco F1 LineageOS 17 Android 10 custom ROM. Make sure to use the TWRP provided in above downloads section or any system-as-root configured TWRP for Poco F1– By now your phone must have an unlocked bootloader to proceed with other steps. If not, unlock the bootloader first and proceed ahead.
- If running on stock MIUI firmware, then format the data partition from TWRP to decrypt it. THIS IS IMPORTANT. DON'T SKIP
- Wipe the data partition, Cache partition, vendor partition and system partition.– Here is a guide explaining how to wipe using TWRP recovery.
- Install the Poco F1 LineageOS 17 ROM file that you have copied into the phone.– Here is a post explaining how to install LineageOS
- Reboot into the TWRP recovery again.
- Then install the LineageOS 17 GApps package.– Here is a post explaining how to install GApps using TWRP recovery.
- Reboot and Enjoy the Android 10 based LineageOS 17 for Poco F1.
Upgrading from earlier version of LineageOS 17 for Poco F1 (beryllium):
- Copy the latest ROM zip file of LineageOS 17 for Poco F1, LineageOS 17 GApps and/or Magisk ROOT package to the phone
- Boot into Recovery to flash the updated LineageOS 17 for Poco F1
- Wipe the system partition from the TWRP recovery menu.
- Install the Poco F1 LineageOS 17 update.– Here is a post explaining how to install LineageOS
- Reboot and see you have the GApps and ROOT access or NOT.– Gapps is built in such a way that it will sustain across ROM updates.
- If you don’t have GApps after upgrading the LineageOS 17 on Poco F1, then flash the GApps.– Here is a post explaining how to flash GApps using TWRP recovery.
- If you don’t have ROOT after upgrading the LineageOS 17 on Poco F1, then flash the SuperSU or Magisk or the Lineage SU binary.– Here is a post explaining How to ROOT LineageOS 17
- Once everything is done, reboot and Enjoy the LineageOS 17 on Poco F1.
Some Screenshots of LineageOS 17
After installing LineageOS 17 on Poco F1 you may want to install Google Camera (GCam) or enable ROOT access on your phone and here is how you can do that:
– How to ROOT LineageOS 17
Where to Download Google Camera for Poco F1 LineageOS 17?
GCam 7.2 and GCam 7.0 are compatible with LineageOS 17 or any Android 10 ROM in general.
In case you won’t get your device in the above lists, you can always look into the big list of GCam for Android 10 (this page contains a huge list of GCam for all available devices)