LineageOS 17.1 and 17 for Pixel 3 XL is now available to download. This article explains how to install the ROM on Pixel 3 XL with a step-by-step guide. These LineageOS 17.1 and 17 build for Pixel 3 XL are brought to you by developer razorloves.
Follow the links to get other Android 10 builds such as: Lineage OS 17.1 and Android 10 Download for supported devices.
DONATION TO DEVELOPER(S)/PROJECT:
If you like this ROM then do consider for a contribution to razorloves and LineageOS project:
– No donation link found for razorloves
– Donate to LineageOS project
THIS IS AN INITIAL BUILD OF LineageOS 17 FOR Pixel 3 XL, WHICH MAY HAVE MANY BUGS.
MAKE SURE TO BACKUP ALL DATA OF YOUR PHONE AND KEEP IT IN YOUR MIND THAT YOU ARE FLASHING AT YOUR OWN RISK.
Installing LineageOS 17 for Pixel 3 XL requires an unlock bootloader on Pixel 3 XL
, which may VOID your warranty and may delete all your data. Before proceeding further you may consider backup all data on the phone
You are the only person making changes to your phone; neither the developer nor I can be held responsible for the mistakes done by you.
Status of the Pixel 3 XL LineageOS 17.1 and 17 ROM
Where to download LineageOS 17.1 or 17 for Pixel 3 XL?
The LineageOS 17 has been updated to the latest branch LineageOS 17.1. The Pixel 3 XL LineageOS 17 build will most likely have an outdated security patch.
It is strongly recommended that you install the Pixel 3 XL LineageOS 17.1 ROM build.
How to Install LineageOS 17.1 or 17 on Pixel 3 XL?
Following are the two sub-sections of this Pixel 3 XL LineageOS 17 update guide:
- First time installation of LineageOS 17 for Pixel 3 XL
- Upgrading LineageOS 17 for Pixel 3 XL from a previous build of LineageOS 17 ROM
First time Installation of LineageOS 17.1 or 17 on Pixel 3 XL
This ROM update process requires few guides to be followed and few files to be downloaded. Everything referred in the below guide is provided in the above downloads section.
- Download and Copy the LineageOS 17.1 or 17 ROM for Pixel 3 XL and a compatible GApps to your phone.
- Boot into the TWRP custom Recovery to install this Pixel 3 XL LineageOS 17.1 / 17 ROM. Make sure to use the TWRP provided in above downloads section or any system-as-root configured TWRP for Pixel 3 XL
– By now your phone must have an unlocked bootloader to proceed with other steps. If not, unlock the bootloader first and proceed ahead.
- Wipe the data partition, Cache partition, vendor partition and system partition.
- Install the Pixel 3 XL LineageOS 17 ROM file that you have copied into the phone.
- Reboot into the TWRP recovery again.
- Then install the LineageOS 17 GApps package.
- Reboot and Enjoy the Android 10 based LineageOS 17 for Pixel 3 XL.
Upgrading LineageOS 17.1 / 17 on Pixel 3 XL (crosshatch):
- Copy the latest ROM zip file of LineageOS 17.1 or 17 for Pixel 3 XL, LineageOS 17 GApps and/or Magisk ROOT package to the phone
- Boot into Recovery to flash the updated ROM for Pixel 3 XL
- Wipe the system partition from the TWRP recovery menu.
- Install the Pixel 3 XL LineageOS 17.1 / 17 update.
- Reboot and see you have the GApps and ROOT access or NOT.
– Gapps is built in such a way that it will sustain across ROM updates.
- If you don’t have GApps after upgrading the LineageOS 17 on Pixel 3 XL, then flash the GApps.
- If you don’t have ROOT after upgrading the LineageOS 17.1 on Pixel 3 XL, then flash the SuperSU or Magisk or the Lineage SU binary.
- Once everything is done, reboot and Enjoy the LineageOS 17.1 on Pixel 3 XL.
Complete the initial setup and enjoy Android 10 with LineageOS 17.1 on Pixel 3 XL.
Some Screenshots of LineageOS 17
Add-on links for Pixel 3 XL
– LineageOS 17 ROOT
– GCam 7.2 for Pixel 3 XL
– Google Camera Download for all supported devices
If there is no ROOT access for some reason even after installing the LineageOS SU binary, then you can try SuperSU Zip
to enable ROOT access.
Visit the Pixel 3 XL (crosshatch)
page for Google Camera updates, other Android 10, Android Oreo ROMs, Nougat ROMs, or other ROMs and all other device specific topics.