The day before yesterday, the brand has decided to increase the quota for the Color OS 7 beta for OPPO R15 Pro aKa R15 Dream Mirror Edition in China. This was also announced by the brand through its community. You can follow the steps which are given below for receiving the beta version on your device.
Old Story continues…
The majority of the OEM’s are known by its name of custom skins. For example, OnePlus is known for Oxygen OS, while OPPO is known by Color OS. OPPO has been improving Color OS in each, and every update. From a heavy skin to one of the most responding skin out there. Most of the users including me love to use Stock Android, but the new Color OS also gives a similar feel of Stock Android with extra features like screen recording, app lock, call recording, and many more. The good news is that OPPO has started the first batch of ColorOS 7 trial update for early access users of R15 Pro.
The new update is based on Android 10, and many of OPPO smartphone users had received the same. The programme for the device has started in countries like India, Thailand, and Malaysia. Earlier in March 2020, the brand had announced a roadmap of Color OS 7 for their smartphones. It was announced through a post in their community aKa Color OS community. The post also includes the link for applying for the ColorOS 7 beta or trail update version CPH1831EX_11.F.12.
The batch only gets a limited slot of 2000 members in each of the countries, so if you need to apply for it please do it in a hurry.
How to get ColorOS 7 Android 10 on OPPO R15 Pro (Trial Version)?
For enrolling please go to Settings> Software Update> tap the Settings in the upper right corner> tap “Trial Version”, fill in the information, select the must-now checkbox, and tap “Apply Now”.
Once applied, the update will reach your device in a few days. Before, applying make sure that you are either of the following firmware builds:
Please do note that the trial update may be stable or unstable. So if you are using your device as a daily driver it is better for not opting for the trial version. So the sole purpose of the trial version is that when you encounter some bugs you should report it in the Color OS community app.
• Brand new borderless design makes visuals more attractive and operation more efficient.
• Added OPPO Sans as the default font. The new font delivers a refreshing feel and fits well with OPPO’s pursuit of blending beauty and technology.
• Optimised user interfaces and improved one-handed operation.
• Drag an app out of Smart Sidebar to open it in Split-screen mode.
• Added two settings: Assistive Ball Opacity and Hide Assistive Ball on Fullscreen App.
• Optimised the Floating Window feature for more apps.
• Added a bubble: A bubble is displayed when you open an app in a floating window from the Smart Sidebar. Tap the bubble to collapse and open the app.
• Optimised 3-Finger Screenshot: Use 3 fingers to touch and hold the screen and swipe your fingers to adjust the screenshot size. Use 3 fingers to touch and hold the screen and swipe your fingers outwards to capture a long screenshot.
• Added screenshot settings: You can adjust the position of the screenshot preview floating window and set the screenshot sound.
• Optimised screenshot preview floating window: After taking a screenshot, drag it up and release to share it, or drag it down and release to take a long screenshot.
[Navigation Gestures 3.0]
• New gesture: Swipe inward from both sides of the screen and then hold to switch to the previous app.
• Optimised gestures: All gestures are supported in landscape mode.
• Added Dark Mode: Protects your eyes while reducing power consumption.
• Added Focus Mode: Shields you from outside distractions when you are learning or working.
• Added all new charging animation.
• Optimised the Quick Settings user interface for easier one-handed operation.
• Swipe left or right to ignore banner notifications.
• Added a pause function for screen recording.
• Added a floating window and settings for screen recording.
• New sounds added for file deletion, calculator key touches, and compass pointer.
• Optimised system pre-loaded ringtones.
• Added TalkBack floating prompts for Accessibility.
• Colour Accessibility Mode added to improve the user experience for visually impaired users.
• New management function for recent tasks: You can view memory information about recent tasks and lock apps.
• Optimised visual interaction for Game Space.
• Optimised the startup animation for Game Space.
• More live wallpapers.
• Added Art+ static wallpapers.
• Customise whether to open Global Search or the notification drawer when swiping down on the Home screen.
• Customise the size, shape, and style of app icons on the Home screen.
• Swipe up on the Lock screen to switch unlock methods.
• Optimised the graphic design of password unlocks to facilitate one-handed operations.
• Supported live wallpapers on the Lock screen.
• More screen-off clock styles.
• Added a simple Home screen mode, featuring larger fonts and icons and a clearer layout.
• Connect your phone to Wi-Fi networks using a random MAC address to avoid targeted ads and protect your privacy.
• In Quick Settings or Smart Sidebar, you can open Calculator in a floating
• Added the trim feature in Recordings.
• Added the Weather (dynamic) ringtone, which automatically adapts to the current weather.
• Added weather-adaptive animations in Weather.
• Optimised the Camera UI for better user experience.
• Optimised the Timer UI and sound.
• Optimised the Album UI for a clear hierarchy and quick lookup of photos.
• Added Album Recommendations that recognises more than 80 different scenes.
• OPPO Share now supports sharing files with Vivo and Xiaomi devices.
• Optimised the Contacts UI for a more efficient experience.
• Search Settings now supports fuzzy match and contains a search history.
• Soloop Video Editor: Create your video with one tap.
• Added DocVault, an app for easy management and use of your digital ID cards (available only on phones sold in India).